Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   Guitarist Survey (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t74782/)

lostinleftfield 04-14-2004 11:19 AM

Guitarist Survey

I'm Just Curious.

Name:lostinleftfield

Years Playing:Around 5

Current Guitar:1998 Squire Stratocaster

Amp:Fender Frontman 25

Effects: Danelectro,Dunlop,Boss

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:Three Hours

What Song Was It:Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here

Funnest Song To Play:Paint it Black-The Agony Scene

How Many Songs Have You Written: Around Ten

Do You Play In A Band: Two

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: E7#9

Favorite Chord: open C slid up two frets,picked

How Many Songs Can You Play:Around 200

Can You Sing And Play:A Little

Gauge Of Strings You Play:Used To Play Medium But Now Ultra Light.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Medium Fenders

Dream Guitar:My New Washburn Or A Sky Blue Vintage '58 fender Strat

Your Style:A Little Of Everything

Biggest Influence:Pete Loffler of Chevelle-Learned All the Guitar From Point#1 In Three Days

Nate 04-14-2004 11:21 AM

This belongs in the guitar forum. *whoosh*

Hahaha... the infamous "Favorite chord?" question. Can't wait to see the response to that one. ;)

In His love,
Nate

Rainer. 04-14-2004 11:54 AM

Name:Jonathan aka "Rainer"

Years Playing: 3 in a couple months

Current Guitar:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Bullet
Art & Luthrie AFI Wild Cherry
Takamine G Series

Amp:
Marshall Valvestate 8240
Fender Champ (1960's)
Fender Frontman 15

Effects:
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Chorus and Reverb built in to my amp.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: So far, almost half a year... The Boy From Seattle, by Steve Vai, pretty much because I keep putting it off for later... :p
(which reminds me, I should probably finish learning that song, huh? :lol: )

What Song Was It: See above ^

Funnest Song To Play: Summer Song - Joe Satriani

How Many Songs Have You Written: Way too many ;)

Do You Play In A Band: I wish... but no.
(...and if anyone lives in the Seattle area and wants to jam... *hint, hint*...)

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: No chord is wierd. ;)

Favorite Chord: Aadd9 (x02420), but alot of Jazz chords are sweet, too. :D

How Many Songs Can You Play: Can I play? probably thousands. Do I play? maybe a few hundred. Most probably lost in my memory banks somewhere.

Can You Sing And Play: Maybe not play some crazy solo and sing, but I can strum and sing

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Mediums on the LP, Lights on the Strat, Lights on the acoustics. D'Addario Strings.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: 0.4-0.7 Dunlops, But I use Fender Mediums occaisionally, too.

Dream Guitar: My totally custom guitars that shall be built someday... :D

1st one:

Solid mahogany with a flamed maple cap, bluish stained sunburst
Double cutaway body, sort of PRS-ish, but somewhat different. Maybe I'll sketch it out later...
24 frets on a ebony fretboard set on a solid maple neck, scalloped frets 20-24
Some sort of cool inlay that runs along the length of the fretboard, by Larry Robinson
Bolt-in Neck
Locking tuners & strap-locks
Gold hardware
Stop tailpiece & tune-o-matic bridge, possibly vintage style trem
HH passive electronics, Duncan Jazz in neck, JB in bridge.
3 way switch w/switch to be able to split the coils.
2 volumes, 2 tones
GraphTech Ghost Piezo/MIDI system

2nd one:

Solid ash body, Strat style, painted black with a color changing "chameleon" finish.
24 frets on an ebony fretboard set on a maple neck (also black), scalloped frets 20-24
No inlays
Bolt-on neck
Locking tuners & strap-locks
Chrome hardware
Floyd Rose trem
H/S/H Config, EMG Active
Special switching config, EMG EQ controls, master volume/tone
Black pearloid pickguard

Your Styles:

Rock, Alt Rock, Prog Rock, Punk Rock, Grunge Rock, Rock 'n' Roll-
I listen to a lot of rock. I picked up guitar to learn a few rock songs. I am pretty much a rocker fool... Creed really first got me into guitar because their songs were so darn easy to play. I got into some better rock guitarists, Hendrix, Satch, Vai, Led Zepplin, as I got better. Soon, I was just making up my own stuff... Rock is still my main style, and the one I love to play the most.

Metal, Alt Metal-
This style has just about broken off from traditional rock. I first played just a little of the eternally power chord crunching of a few Christian metal bands, but soon I started listening to a bit of Metallica. Metallica surprised me, beacuse the songs were very melodic, challenging, and had all that fun power chord crunching. Playing their songs has drastically improved my lead skills and a lot of my fingerpicking skills.

Jazz, Fusion-
I first got exposed to little Jazz when I got the first G3 album, for the Satch and Vai stuff. Eric Johnson was one of the other players on there, and I just listened and thought... "You know, that is some really cool challenging guitar work there." At the beginning of this year, i started playing in my school's Jazz band, and got to play a bit of Jazz stuff (although none of the fusion type guitar solo work) and learn all those fun Jazz chords... Cool style to learn, and has definitely expanded my chord vocabulary.

Blues-
Ah yes, I remember my first attempts at lead work while playing over Jimi Hendrix's classic Red House. Blues was the first stuff I started soloing off of, and now I really got that shuffle feel pulsating in my head, and that altered minor pentatonic running through my fretboard as I wail away...

Funk, Ska-
Yup, I comp them 9th chords. Funk is a very energetic percussive style of playing that I enjoy. I also like playing funk bass... some of the funnest stuff to just jam out on. Ska is also something that I started listening to back in 98-99. Ska may be a short-lived craze, but I still like playing it...

CCM P&W-
I play as guitarist at church. Playing and leading people into worship. Most rewarding style that I play.

Biggest Influence: A lot. Mark Tremonti early on, but now more of Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page, Santana, Kirk Hammett, and a few others. :yep:

EDIT: Was looking through old threads to give a few better answers to these questions...

PianoMan 04-14-2004 03:11 PM

Name: Drew aka PianoMan

Years Playing: Roughly 2.5

Current Guitar:
- Parker P-44
- Homemade Telecaster
- Ibanez AW100CE acoustic
- Homemade acoustic this summer :D

Amp:
- Marshall MG30DFX
- Saving for a Traynor YCV40

Effects:
- Boss CS-3 Compressor
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde OD/Dist
- Vox V847 Wah Pedal

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: A Day or so

What Song Was It: Creed and Consuming Fire - Third Day

Funnest Song To Play: It changes. Currently Creed and Underwater by Third Day

How Many Songs Have You Written: Not many. I just recently started coming up with my own stuff

Do You Play In A Band: Kinda (Not really an official band...)

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: I dunno

Favorite Chord: I have no idea what the name is. It's 099800

How Many Songs Can You Play: A heck of a lot more then I can remember

Can You Sing And Play: Not as much as I want to but yes.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Lights

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Heavies - brand isn't a big deal

Dream Guitar: PRS Singlecut, Any JET guitar

Your Style: Rock with many different influences (country is likely the biggest)

Biggest Influence: Third Day, Jars of Clay (for acoustic), Sonicflood (old group)

Gott ist kühl 04-14-2004 03:52 PM

Name:Gott Ist Kühl (Kevin)

Years Playing: 2-ish? (seriously playing. I've had my guitar longer than that)

Current Guitar:
Ibanez RG250DX
Dean Avalanche Zone H (first guitar. it was a cheapo, but I'm going to mod it)

Amp:
Ibanez Toneblaster 50R
Ibanez Toneblaster 15R (currently have them set up as a mini stack)

Effects:
(I'll come back and name these later. I don't remember the names of them, hahaha)
Boss
Ibanez
Digitech
Digitech

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Ummm... I'm not sure.

What Song Was It: I don't remember

Funnest Song To Play: Lithium - Nirvana or Lateralus - Tool

How Many Songs Have You Written: Many

Do You Play In A Band: nope.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: can play? I don't know. I can play alot of chords now.

Favorite Chord: Of all the chords. I would still have to say Am or Asus2, I just really like how they sound.

How Many Songs Can You Play: Alot.

Can You Sing And Play: Depends on the song.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: .09's. Though I want heavier ones. I'm just too lazy to go to the store.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: medium or light.

Dream Guitar: Something... I'm still thinking.

Your Style: mostly Rock/Hardcore/Soft Rock

Biggest Influence: Tool, Nirvana, Chevelle, Zao, AFI.

ApparentlyNothing 04-14-2004 03:57 PM

Name: Jon, aka ApparentlyNothing

Years Playing: coming up on 5 years

Current Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul (soon to be modded with new pickups and hardware) and a Taylor 310 acoustic

Amp: I have an 8 space rack half way full with a Rockson Power Conditioner, a Marshall JMP-1 preamp, and a Peavey Classic 50/50 tube power amp. I run the rack through a 4x12 Rogue cabinet, hopefully soon to have the speakers replaced with Celestions.

Effects: Dunlop Original Cry Baby, Digitech Whammy 4, Boss CE-3 Chorus (borrowing from a friend), DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus (used for more of a vibrato sound), Boss DD-3 Delay, and a Rolls MidiBuddy MIDI foot controller to control my JMP-1

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: to perfection? Probably a few days, if not weeks, back when I was first learning. I crank them out in a few minutes now if it's by a tab. By ear takes a little longer.

What Song Was It: don't remember

Funnest Song To Play: hmmm.... lately, "Sick Sad Little World" by Incubus has been pretty fun. "New Skin" was always a fun song to play with a full band. "Deep Inside" is definitly a fun one to play alone. I dont learn many full songs any more because its pretty pointless unless my band is gonna cover it. I just learn the first part or the one riff I like and play it to warm up or something.

How Many Songs Have You Written: more than I can remember. I useally record them on a tape player and then forget them since I dont like them or they dont develop.

Do You Play In A Band: yup.... www.purevolume.com/novachild

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: I have the ability to play just about any chord, whether I know it or not is another question

Favorite Chord: probably any Xmaj7 or Xm7

How Many Songs Can You Play: no way i could count

Can You Sing And Play: a little.... I can't sing very well to begin with though

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms on my electric and Elixer lights on my acoustic

Gauge Of Picks You Like: yellow dunlops

Dream Guitar: A '79 silverburst Gibson Les Paul with seymour duncan pickups

Your Style: mostly, heavy progressive and experimental.... i.e. Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus. But I like a lot of jazz, blues, and rock and roll too.

Biggest Influence: I take pages from lots of guys' books.... Adam Jones comes through mostly in my writing, but also Mike Einziger, James Iha, Billy Howerdel, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Santana

Martavius 04-14-2004 04:08 PM

Looks like I'm one of the old men around here.

Quote:

Name:Jonathan aka "Rainer"

You've gotta be kidding me! :o I was nowhere near as mature as you seem to be at 13. Must be vitamins..... :lol:

Anyway....

Marty, aka Martavius

Years Playing: Roughly 16-17 and still learning

Current Guitar:
- Guild D412-NT acoustic 12-string
- Takamine EG330 C acoustic-electric 6-string
- El Cheapo Santa Rosa "classical" (that's a stretch. this is the guitar my 3-yr-old is allowed to play with ;) )

Amp:
- None. Well, there's a Crate we use as a monitor at church. Other than that I ,plug my A/E directly into the mixing board for the PA.

Effects:
- My hands :lol:

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: ?

What Song Was It: ?

Funnest Song To Play: Whatever I happen to be playing at any given time.

How Many Songs Have You Written: Lots of bits and pieces, not many entire songs.

Do You Play In A Band: Yes, if you consider me and the female vocalist on our praise team a "band" ;).

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Define weird.

Favorite Chord: Any chord with the D note fretted at the third fret of the 2nd string. ;)

How Many Songs Can You Play: 9,648.2.

Can You Sing And Play: I try every Sunday morning ;) .

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Lights on 6, x-lights on 12.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: .60 Dunlop tortex (orange), or sometimes the 1.0 (blue).

Dream Guitar: How much time have you got? I've always wanted a Martin (my namesake), but lately I really want a jumbo guitar. 2 reasons: A) I'm big - 6'4" tall; and B) I like to strum like there's no tomorrow at times :D ). Maybe a Guild JF30 with the Baggs iMix system intalled, or one of the high-end Larrivees with the B-Band a2.2 system. That Transperformance acoustic somebody linked a while back would be nice. More reallistically, I have a Washburn J28SCEDL jumbo acoustic-electric on order from Musician's Friend (Fiend?), if it ever gets here.

Your Style: G-C-Em-D ;) :D

Biggest Influence: I could never nail it down to one, but here are a few biggies (and I'm sure to forget somebody): Pink Floyd, Jerry Garcia, Beck, Thurston Moore / Lee Ranaldo of Sonic Youth (for the spirit of experimentation and disregard for conventions moreso than actual tone/style), Doc Watson, Jimmy Page.....

ApparentlyNothing 04-14-2004 04:19 PM

Ha, yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw rainer was 13. I always thought he was older.... kinda makes me think where I would be now if I had started guitar at 10 like him or even at 13 instead of obsessing with sports..... *sigh* so many wasted years....

Ashleigh 04-14-2004 04:59 PM

Name:Ashleigh

Years Playing:3 1/2

Current Guitar:Ibanez Aw10, and a really cheapo samick that was my first guitar

Amp:I have a 16 watt bass amp

Effects:nope im an acoustic player

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:i dont remember

What Song Was It: ^

Funnest Song To Play:hmm... The Great Adventure by Stephen Curtis Chapman :rofl:

How Many Songs Have You Written: 0 :-/

Do You Play In A Band: yes, i play bass though :eek:

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: :confused:

Favorite Chord: D2

How Many Songs Can You Play:Alot

Can You Sing And Play: Sure can

Gauge Of Strings You Play:Medium

Gauge Of Picks You Like: ^

Dream Guitar:Breedlove Pacific

Your Style: P&W

Biggest Influence:Mostly just watching other people play guitar who were really good.

DreamChaser 04-14-2004 05:04 PM

Name: Brandon Timothy Smith
Years Playing: About 2 years and 4 months.

Current Guitar: Martin DC16GTE a/e - and I have a cheap Ibanez strat-copy that I play every now and then?

Amp: 3 practice amps that I won't even bother listing.

Effects: DOD Chorus pedal.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: I don't really learn songs very often, and when I do, I only learn bits and pieces of them - and I almost never just sit down and spend a lot of time learning them. So I can't really say for sure.

What Song Was It: See above.

Funnest Song To Play: Intro to "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

How Many Songs Have You Written: Around zero.

Do You Play In A Band: No, unfortunately.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: I can play most any chord - play well? Hm.. Xdiminished 7th chord.

Favorite Chord: I don't have a favorite.

How Many Songs Can You Play: Full songs? None.

Can You Sing And Play: A little, I'm a terrible singer though.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Light. Elixer, ussually.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Heavies.

Dream Guitar: I don't know.. something custom made though, naturally.

Your Style: Acoustic oriented rock and folk.

Biggest Influence: Eh.. I really don't have a clue, lol.

Cataplum! 04-14-2004 05:11 PM

Name:Matt

Years Playing:1.57

Current Guitar:Takemine acoustic, Epiphone Strat

Amp: an old, small Peavey

Effects: None yet.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 3 hours, i think.

What Song Was It: I forgot. :blush:

Funnest Song To Play: any Five Iron Frenzy song

How Many Songs Have You Written: 3. with lyrics? 0

Do You Play In A Band: used to play in the worship band.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: they're all weird if u think about it.

Favorite Chord: anthing but normal 'A' or 'B' chords.

How Many Songs Can You Play: i dont know.

Can You Sing And Play: yeah, just not well. (sing, i mean)

Gauge Of Strings You Play: 12

Gauge Of Picks You Like: heavy fender or dunlop equivelant.

Dream Guitar: havent tried many, but maybe a Gibson Les Paul.

Your Style: Mostly rock, but im getting into Jazz, Blues, Funk, Ska styles.

Biggest Influence:Anything song with guitar. Anyone that plays guitar. Except Country.

joylovesskillet 04-14-2004 06:36 PM

Name: Joy

Years Playing:About 2 years... maybe one for real.

Current Guitar:
Fender Squire bullet
Yamaha acoustic
ESP LTD B204 (bass)

Amp:Fender Rumble 100 (bass amp)
and a slightly small Crate, but I'm just borrowing it for a while untill I get my own.

Effects: None YET. There is a fund being formed called the "getjoyatotallysweeteffectspedal" fund. PM me if you would like to donate to this very worthy cause.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:Well, I started working on Anji by Simon and Garfunkel a few weeks ago, but it's totally instrumental and crazy, and I haven't figured it out yet.

What Song Was It: Um, Anji... like I said.

Funnest Song To Play: One of the ones Brittany and I wrote.

How Many Songs Have You Written: A bunch, but only two that I have ever been willing to show anybody else.

Do You Play In A Band: I kind of do in my youth group, but I am one of two of the musicians in the whole youth group, so sometimes I lead alone, because the other girl doesn't come all the time. So I don't really know if that counts as a band, but I will let you decide.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: The one at the end of the simon and garfunkel song I mentioned earlier.(I don't know the name of the chord.)

Favorite Chord: Hmmm... I really like 7th chords for some reason.

How Many Songs Can You Play:As many as you want me to, I might just have to learn it before I play it, but I CAN do it.

Can You Sing And Play:I do, but that doesn't mean I sound good. I'll have to post a recording of me sometime.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: light...I guess.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Medium/heavy

Dream Guitar:A really sweet looking, awesome, cool one. I really want a clear one with I light in it. I don't think I've ever seen one of those, but that would be awesome.

Your Style:Um, not country or punk... basically everything else.

Biggest Influence:Led Zeplin, switchfoot, J Knapp, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Weezer, delirious, that kind of stuff. :rofl:

Guitar MC 04-14-2004 06:54 PM

Name: Trey

Years Playing: about 4

Current Guitar: Breedlove Atlas AC-25 (plus 2 other acoustics, 3 electrics (soon to be 2) and a bass)

Amp: Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10, frontman 15, princeton 65, bassman 25

Effects: visual sounds, boss, dunlop

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: i spent a few weeks learning all the licks in Sultans Of Swing when I was starting

What Song Was It: Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing

Funnest Song To Play: It doesnt have a name yet, but one of my newer songs

How Many Songs Have You Written: cant even remember

Do You Play In A Band: yup, me and my friend have an acoustic duo

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: havent met a chord (that is actualy playable) I couldnt play

Favorite Chord: E (what kind of question is this?!?)

How Many Songs Can You Play: cant even begin to count

Can You Sing And Play:about as well as i can singing without playing

Gauge Of Strings You Play:10-52 on electric 12s on acoustic

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Dunlop ULTEX .60 or .73 depending on the song

Dream Guitar: Dont know for sure, right now i want a Laraviee D-03R

Your Style:right now its a little folkish funky acoustic stuff

Biggest Influence:Shane Barnard. Not only am I amazed by what he does with a gutiar, but he is one of the most humble musicians I have ever seen.

-Trey

MJ_Avalanche 04-14-2004 07:20 PM

Name: Mike aka Avalanche

Years Playing: 2 years and 4 months.

Current Guitar:
- Gibson SG Supreme MidnightBurst
- Alvarez FD-60 BL
- Fender Deluxe Series Fat Strat
- Squier Affinity Strat

Amp:
- Line 6 Spider 112
- Squier Champ 15 (currently not in use)
~Future Amp~
- Line 6 Vetta II Head w/4x12 Cab.

Effects: Onboard.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Hah... Umm.... a couple days. (Not consistent work)

What Song Was It: Either stuff for school, OR Midnight - Joe Satriani

Funnest Song To Play: Midnight or Ceremony - Satch.

How Many Songs Have You Written: Not enough.

Do You Play In A Band: Sunday Morning, wednesday night, my band, and in the fall - IRCC Jazz Band.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Hah... I have too many.

Favorite Chord: I'm still quite partial to x11 chords.

How Many Songs Can You Play: Waaayyyy too many... And at the same time... Not enough.

Can You Sing And Play: If I'm really comfortable with the song.

Gauge Of Strings You Play:
Electric - .009's
Acoustic - .011's.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Heavy. Usually around 1.0

Dream Guitar: I own it already. My SG.

Your Style:Everything BUT country and bluegrass.

Biggest Influence: My teachers, Ethan Luck, Satch, Clapton, my Music Pastor, Wes Montgomery, and of course, myself.

Dave H 04-14-2004 07:36 PM

Name: Dave

Years Playing: 6
Current Guitar: Fender Hwy1 Strat w/ maple neck
Ibanez RG570, Taylor 310 lmt ce

Amp: Fender Blues Jr., Marshall VS100, Crate something or other practice amp

Effects: Danelectro BLT delay, Boss Chorus, DOD supra distortion, Morley pro II wah/volume/distortion

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: I have no idea :confused:

What Song Was It: see above :rolleyes:

Funnest Song To Play: hmmm, I have fun every time I play

How Many Songs Have You Written: maybe ten that are worthy of being called a "song"

Do You Play In A Band: 2 p & w bands

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: I haven't met a chord I couldn't play

Favorite Chord: right this moment it's E7(#9)

How Many Songs Can You Play: cant even begin to count

Can You Sing And Play: yes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: EBs vintage slinkies nickel wound 10-46 on electric D'addario 12s on acoustic

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Fender heavies

Dream Guitar: right now, my guitar with noiseless pups

Your Style: mostly p & w, but I like rock and blues

Biggest Influence: I'd have to say kirk hammett only because if I didn't love his solos so much growing up, I might never have started playing guitar :)

Daniel Horney 04-14-2004 07:53 PM

Name:William Daniel Horney

Years Playing: 9

Current Guitar: The one's I play a lot:
Taylor 310
Fender Amercian Std. Telecaster
I'm buying an old Strat in a few days.

Amp:SWR California Blonde; Peavy 5150

Effects: I'm not going to list them all

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Three years.

What Song Was It:SRV's version of Little Wing

Funnest Song To Play:I have no clue

How Many Songs Have You Written: I dunno. Fifteen or so that I still play

Do You Play In A Band: Not currently

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: ........

Favorite Chord: the ones that sound good

How Many Songs Can You Play:I have no clue

Can You Sing And Play:Thats what singer/songwriters do, apparently

Gauge Of Strings You Play:Acoustic - Meduims; Electric - 10s

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Thick. Usually around .98

Dream Guitar:I haven't put that much thought into it yet.

Your Style: My style is my style. It is not an amalgamation of other things.

Biggest Influence: If I had to pick one: Ben Folds.

ripFIF 04-14-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

amalgamation
good word usage

Daniel Horney 04-14-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripFIF
good word usage

:teeth:

PiousPoet 04-14-2004 08:27 PM

Name: Danny

Years Playing: 10 months. Only solidly played in the first 3 and the past 2 though.

Current Guitar: Hohner HW640

Amp: Dean Markley Practice amp :blush:

Effects: Danelectro Overdrive

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Currently learning Stairway to Heaven. Off and on, spent about 2 hrs so far.

What Song Was It: Stairway to Heaven

Funnest Song To Play:we are the Pirates that Don't do Anything ;)

How Many Songs Have You Written: None.....yet....

Do You Play In A Band: Soon to be

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Ummm I don't know

Favorite Chord: G

How Many Songs Can You Play:No idea

Can You Sing And Play:Yes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Currently Elixirs 10s

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Around .63. Whatever those are.

Dream Guitar:My carvin bolt kit soon to be ordered. Swamp ash body stained blue but leaving the grain of the wood.

Your Style: Classic, P&W, and some others

Biggest Influence: My church's Pastor of the Worship Arts

Jubal 04-14-2004 09:38 PM

Name: Lyndon aka Jubal

Years Playing: 16 or so

Current Guitar(s): 2003 Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Honeyburst), 2002 Fender American Hardtail Stratocaster (3 Color Sunburst), 199? Yamaha LD-10E Acoustic/Electric

Amp: Peavey Studio Pro 50 (which I hardly ever use)

Effects: V-AMP 2 (which I always use, usually direct into the PA.)

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: A long time.

What Song Was It : As Warm As Tears by Phil Keaggy

Funnest Song To Play: Currently: Music Is The Doctor by the Doobie Brothers

How Many Songs Have You Written: A lot, though most I haven't played since.

Do You Play In A Band: Worship band at Church (I lead the team)

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: This one right here. Can you see it from there? ;-)

Favorite Chord: A2 (I use those 2nd chords way too much, but I love 'em)

How Many Songs Can You Play: Hundreds (at least)

Can You Sing And Play: Yup. Almost every Sunday.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Electric: D'Addario's 9's, Acoustic: Elixer Light Polyweb

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Jim Dunlop .60 mm or .78 mm - Lighter for acoustic, heavier for electric

Dream Guitar: 1 is just so limiting, but I will say the NEXT one. Right now I am toying with the idea of getting parts from Warmoth and making a PRS style guitar with a hard tail bridge.

Your Style: Bluesy rock.

Biggest Influence: Bob Hartman, Gordon Kennedy (when with WhiteHeart), Shawn Tubbs (Violet Burning), Delrious, Rez (man, I still like this stuff)

gchord 04-14-2004 09:43 PM

Name:Mike (gchord)
Years playing: 24 plus,I started late in life
Current Guitar(s) Epiphone PR350ce acoustic-electric;MIM Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha Pacifica 312,Wasburn Bantam bass
Amp:Peavey 212 EFX,Peavey bass amp,?75 watts
Effects: I have nine built in the EFX amp,other then that,none
Longest it took to learn a song: About two years,off and on,wasn't serious
What song was it:It could've been me by Phil Keaggy,in open G
Funnest song to play: Trading my sorrows,or Take my Heart
Have you written any songs? Yes,Published? No
Do you play in a band?: No,only at church,at the present time
Weirdest chord you play?: No chord is weird,if it fits,it works
Favorite chord(s)to play:See user name! G,C,D and Eminor
How many songs can you play?: Lots,countless,don't have a clue
Gauge of string you play: .010 -.046 on the Strat and Yammy,Elixer Lites on the Epi,and medium on the bass,all tuned a half step down
Gauge of picks you like: .73 medium Tortex,the yellow ones
Dream guitar: James Taylor signuture Olson
Your style: Folk,classic rock,blues,hack etc.
Biggest Influences: Neil Young ,James Taylor,Don Mcclean,Phil Keaggy

Unicorn Mustang 04-14-2004 09:43 PM

Name: Jason

Years Playing: Something like 4 years

Current Guitar: An Epiphone Les Paul Custom fitted with Burstbucker Pro pickups

Also an 1869-5 Ovation Custom Legend

And a Parker Nitefly-SA

Amp: A KC-100 Roland keyboard amp :lol: I need a guitar amp....

Effects: Danelectro board, but a sweet Boss Distortion/Overdrive pedal.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Two Days.

What Song Was It: The Setup (You Really Need This) Reel Big Fish

Funnest Song To Play: See above....or Are You Gonna Be My Girl with a band

How Many Songs Have You Written: Too many...

Do You Play In A Band: Yup, two

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Not really weird, but it's cool sounding: x 10 9 0 10 10

Favorite Chord: 320023

How Many Songs Can You Play: Count? Songs?

Can You Sing And Play: Well I can sing and play....singing's the difficult part.

Gauge Of Strings You Play:.009s

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Well....yesterday I discovered I accidently was using heavy gauge for the last three months....(mind you I'm a thin pick person turned medium b/c I broke about 10 picks per week), not too good with the gauge of string I use....

Dream Guitar: A 1964 Sonic Blue (red turtoise pickguard) Fender Mustang

Your Style: Whatever's required.

Biggest Influence: Caedmon's Call, John Mayer, Switchfoot (three very closely related bands)

beanbag 04-14-2004 10:33 PM

Name: Sabrina

Years Playing: 4

Current Guitar: a fender. I'm preparing to beg my dad for this martin, though. pray for me! (it will be used for worship on thursday nights. among other times...) :D

Amp: don't have one. (if I really need an amp, my dad has an acoustic amp.)

Effects: zero.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: it took me forever and a day (a couple of years, with 8-9 month breaks in between attempts) to learn mr. jones (believe it or not) because I couldn't get into strumming it comfortably.

What Song Was It: mr. jones- counting crows

Funnest Song To Play: worship: waves of mercy. other: too many to name!

How Many Songs Have You Written: like...two. one was really good, but I lost it. the other is awful.

Do You Play In A Band: nope

Weirdest Chord You Can Play: I dunno...there's this funky variation on D, I guess...I don't know if it's named correctly though, because it's in a tab and sometimes those people make up their own names for the chords. :rolleyes:

Favorite Chord: c#m (y'know...the one that's in EVERY worship song on the face of this planet?)

How Many Songs Can You Play: a lot.

Can You Sing And Play: yes.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: medium, I think. whatever my dad buys me.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: medium.

Dream Guitar: I dunno. I haven't really thought of it, because I can't really afford anything right now.

Your Style: my musical style in general: rock, alternative, "christian" rock and alternative, opera, classical, etc.

things I play on the guitar: mainly worship music, but I have everything ranging from lifehouse to the beatles to relient k (I can only play one of their songs, though...the rest are all electricallish and not for the likes of me lol) to nirvana to metallica to switchfoot to sarah maclachlan and the list goes onnn...

Biggest Influence: my best friend. :)

gg7 04-14-2004 10:43 PM

i'll answer some of these too i guess :)

name: jeremy

years playing: hard to answer. got my first guitar roughly 9 years ago. didn't get serious about it til later on though, took a foray into the world of electric 4 string bass for about a year playing it almost exclusively. also experimented with other instruments along the way. right now it's acoustic guitar the vast majority of the time.

guitar: my main one right now is my rainsong parlor.

can i play and sing? yes, but that doesn't mean i'm great at it ;)

gauge of strings: acoustic light

picks: medium to thin-medium

style: folk, folk-rock, acoustic-driven, folk mixed in with other stuff...

thud 04-15-2004 05:08 AM

Throw me in with gchord and the guy who wouldn't say his age.

thud - the sound of something falling
age - 43
years playing - 31 but still just learning
favorite guitars to play - son's B.C. Rich, daughter's Ovation
only guitar you youngsters would think is cool - '83 Gibson Flying V
strings - played em all - will play more
picks - " " " "
style - no longer important
looks - " " " "
musical philosophy - music's greatest innovators weren't good enough players to learn anybody elses stuff - they played from their hearts and identified with their audience.

I have the distinction of owning the loudest guitar amp of anybody here. It's an old 100W Carvin tube half-stack. When I was in a metal band I only had to turn it up to 1.5 to be heard over a Tama mahogany double kick drum kit. On 2 it causes injury!

emo_boy 04-15-2004 06:06 AM

Name: Adam

Years Playing:4

Current Guitar: Fender American Deluxe Nashville tele, my pride and joy, rare only made for one year; Jay turser JT200c I think that's the ; Alvarez accoustic

Amp: Peavey Studio Pro 112

Effects: Yamaha DG stomp, Dunlop original wah, Boss HR-2

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: no clue

What Song Was It: no clue

Funnest Song To Play: tie between My Life by 12 Stones and Savior by Skillet

How Many Songs Have You Written: wow, lets see, probably in the vicinity of 20. I don't like some of them any more though lol

Do You Play In A Band: yes

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: E5maj7/Asus4dim......................yeah

Favorite chord: power chords hehe

How Many Songs Can You Play: jeeze, makin me do math when I'm not in school :shifty: probably close to 1000 counting praise songs I do at church and all my cd's I can play the whole way through

Can You Sing And Play: yes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: I switched from light to medium cuz I break lights too much.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: .71 gator grip

Dream Guitar: I have 2. for a single coil guitar, my tele, and of course a LP custom for hummys

Your Style: I love to play hard rock, that's what my band plays, we have a sound close to like 12 stones, skillet's new stuff on collide and stuff like that. And I'm studying the Aolean scale in my lessons right now and I've put some of that in my songs and wow, it sounds cool.

Biggest Influence:I don't know lol. I never really listened to anyone and really used anything they did in my playing, so I guess I don't really have any. My biggest inspiration is probably the dude from anberlin, they rock out.

HotsHot 04-15-2004 06:37 AM

Name: Mike

Years Playing: 10
Current Guitar: Ibanez ICX 120, Ovation Celebrity Delux, Yamaha C22 Classical Guitar, Squier P Bass.

Amp: Fender 15R, Squier P Bass beginer amp

Effects: Boss Distortion Pedal, Korg Pandora (so sweet)

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 2 months

What Song Was It?: Blue Finger, Chet Atkins

Funnest Song To Play: Stairway to Heaven

How Many Songs Have You Written: Like 3, but they are only Classical type songs

Do You Play In A Band: Kinda sorta, more like a Jam Groupie thing

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: There is no such thing as a wierd chord

Favorite Chord: E/D#

How Many Songs Can You Play: A ton, mostly worship songs and ledd zeppelin, I play a bit of incubus to

Can You Sing And Play: well enough to lead worship

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Elixir Meduims

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Samash mediums

Dream Guitar: Artcore AFS75T, I am saving up

Your Style: rock/classical, a lot like zeppelin,

Biggest Influence: Page, Jimmy Page, he is the best, Chet Atkins to

Shaneathin86 04-15-2004 02:11 PM

Name: Shane

Years Playing: 3+
Current Guitar: Fender Strat. and an acc./elec. epiphone

Amp: Fender

Effects: pretty cool effects board

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: dunno maybe a few hours

What Song Was It?: can't think of any specifically

Funnest Song To Play: lol it changes a lost but currently "under the bridge" by RHCP or "one last breath" by creed

How Many Songs Have You Written: plenty but i only really like maybe 4 or 5
Do You Play In A Band: not really but i'm workin on it (so far we have 2 people)

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: the one where ur fingers go all nuts

Favorite Chord: the power chord lol

How Many Songs Can You Play: uhh lots but who's countin

Can You Sing And Play: yeah but trust me u don't want me to

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Elixir Meduims

Gauge Of Picks You Like: mediums

Dream Guitar: dunno right now i'm hopin for a 12 string

Your Style: anything rockin heavy

Biggest Influence: uhh none specifically anyone who rocks

Spammy 04-15-2004 03:11 PM

Name: Spammy

Years Playing: 7+

Current Guitar: Cort m-200 and Strat-Copy

Amp: Randall RG 120 PH

Effects: Zoom 2100, Snarling Dogs Wah, Cry Baby

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:years, still working on some

What Song Was It:too many to name

Funnest Song To Play:I know some kids song thats in german..the name escapes me

How Many Songs Have You Written: too many, only 3 that I consider done

Do You Play In A Band: Have, but am not currently

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: No clue..played many, just too lazy to look up names

Favorite Chord: F#m

How Many Songs Can You Play:Lots

Can You Sing And Play: Probably but I don't do it

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Strat: 10's M-200:8's

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Dunlop Torex .73mm (Yellow)

Dream Guitar: PRS Custom 24

Your Style: Anything but country

Biggest Influence: Ross Childress formerly of Collective Soul, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Vai

jason_p.i.f. 04-15-2004 11:58 PM

Name: Jason

Years Playing: uh... 5... but seriously, about a year and a half

Current Guitar: Fender Standard Jap Strat, Ibanez JS100, GSA60

Amp: Crate G212, peavey rage158

Effects: (in order, guitar to amp) Cry Baby, dod envelope filter, ibanez tubescreamer, marshall jackhammer, boss chorus, flanger, digitech delay, dod equalizer

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: about 5 years... yes! five years!!!

What Song Was It: smooth by santana... i was a sophomore when i first heard the song... i wanted to learn it soooo bad.... i got the intro, but after that, my interest in guitar was lost... (stupid chick)... so yeah... after five years, ive finally got it... but im still working on parts of it, the solo parts... and also maria maria.... i want to learn that song too...

Funnest Song To Play: lift me up by the benjamin gate

How Many Songs Have You Written: about 3-4 (lyrics) and only one thats been completed

Do You Play In A Band: yeah... but they dont seem committed as i am

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: i dont know... maybe john mayer's intro chord to no such thing

Favorite Chord: make that chords... A, D, G... the first 3 chords i learned to play! and also D in open C form...

How Many Songs Can You Play: a lot...

Can You Sing And Play: on some songs... but they (my band members wont let me sing... :-/ ) coz i have a crappy voice... haha

Gauge Of Strings You Play: strat: 95, satch 10, gsa 9

Gauge Of Picks You Like: dunlop (turtle, the green one)

Dream Guitar: telecaster, and maybe a custom made RJ les paul style guitar (a guitar company from the Philippines)

Your Style: i used to hate blues, country, and jazz... but now that ive taken guitar seriously, i have been open to any style of music that has guitar riffs in it (except rap)

Biggest Influence: Tom Morello... and Jesus... praise and worship songs made me want to take guitar seriously and write my own songs...

niangelo 04-16-2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me

Name:Nialle Travnik

Years Playing:Around 7

Current Guitar:ESP/LTD M200/ Aria Acoustic

Amp:Marshall Valvestate VS265R- 2x12, 65 watts per side, w/ onboard chorus + reverb

Effects: Boss Metalzone, Flanger, Inline Tuner, DD3 Delay, Dunlop Crybaby

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: I honestly can't remember

Funnest Song To Play: Somebody I Used To Know - Elliot Smith

How Many Songs Have You Written: 1/2

Do You Play In A Band: One, worship band

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Fsus/D#dim11m... just kidding

Favorite Chord: Whatever gives the meatiest, most hard hitting feel in a song

How Many Songs Can You Play: No idea

Can You Sing And Play: I'm a worship leader, that's what I do

Gauge Of Strings You Play:13-54 acoustic, 12-48 electric

Gauge Of Picks You Like: GEORGE DENNIS. PERIOD. .73 or .88.

Dream Guitar: 80's Silverburst Gibson Les Paul, Olson Acoustic

Your Style: Brit Rock, deconstructed screech pop guitar... think Radiohead crossed with Adam Jones crossed with... Nigel Pulsford of Bush

Biggest Influence: Adam Jones of Tool, Nigel Pulsford of Bush

Mrstickball 04-16-2004 09:11 AM

Name: Mister Stickball

Years Playing: Since Sept 19th, 2001

Current Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top, Epiphone G-310, Ibanez/Apollo Hollowbody ('69), Carvin C-750, Washburn D-100, Rouge Bass

Amp: Carvin SX-200H, Crate 4x12 slanted cab

Effects: None

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:2 years

What Song Was It:Mr Crowley by Ozzy

Funnest Song To Play: One I wrote

How Many Songs Have You Written: 50, not all 100% done though.

Do You Play In A Band: One

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: Can't think of the name

Favorite Chord: The wierd one

How Many Songs Can You Play: Too many to name

Can You Sing And Play: Suuuuuuuuure ;)

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Light

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Mediums or light

Dream Guitar: Shamray or a Carvin Custom....A hollowbody w/ Piezo system and the ability to rock out

Your Style: Metallica infused with Nickel Creek and a hint of Lynyrd Skynyrd

Biggest Influence: Jesus...I'm sure he would of played guitar had he come today. Next would be Randy Rhoads.

someone13 04-16-2004 09:14 AM

Name: Queen Death (don't ask don't tell)

Years Playing: 1/4

Current Guitar: Cheesy acoustic guitar made in California (name: Bestler)
actually isn't to bad for the price.....

Amp: Computer............ugh

Effects: GuitarFX 3 software..............ugher

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: couple hrs

What Song Was It: a song oughta a standard notation lesson book

Funnest Song To Play: Sleepwalking - Satch

How Many Songs Have You Written: about 3

Do You Play In A Band: nope.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: that I don't know.......

Favorite Chord: E stands for easy, does it not???

How Many Songs Can You Play: I dunno quite a few

Can You Sing And Play: I tried once and my Mom has never forgiven me........

Gauge Of Strings You Play: .13 and getting heavier all the time

Gauge Of Picks You Like: medium or heavy

Dream Guitar: the one I shall make when I have 3,000$$$ to spend

Your Style: anything set in front of me (i.e. anything I want)

Biggest Influence: Satch

don't pick on me just because I am different.....................................

Vvildcard 04-16-2004 12:43 PM

Welp... here's me

Name: Ryan Dasso (known online as Vvildcard)

Years Playing: Around 7

Current Guitar: Hot-rodded Tanara (no-name Strat knock-off) and a Goya G600E Acoustic

Amp: Peavey Bandit 112

Effects: BOSS Super Overdrive, V-Amp2 (except it's busted right now), Snarling Dogs Wah, Behringer Virtualizer Pro

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: A few weeks

What Song Was It: The opening fingerpicking to Creed's One Last Breath

Funnest Song To Play: Relient K's (I think we're) Going Somewhere

How Many Songs Have You Written: Many many incomplete songs, not nearly enough finished ones.

Do You Play In A Band: Yes

Wierdest Chord I can play: Ummm... Diminished chords are wierd... Play: xx2323, then play: xx5656, then: xx8989... they're all the same chord (same notes), just in different inversions.

Favorite Chord: It's a B7 played like this: x21202, but it's only good when you resolve it to an Em: 022000

How Many Songs Can You Play: Heh... from memory or from a lead sheet? I'll sight-read anything if you give me the lead-sheet... but from memory I've got a rather limited selection and will usually resort to making stuff up (that doesn't mean it won't sound good, though)

Can You Sing And Play: Yes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: DR Lights for electric, DR Med-Lights for acoustic

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Jim Dunlop Classic Tortise Shell Extra Heavy for Electric, Dunlop .73mm Gatorgrips (the yellow ones) for acoustic

Dream Guitar: Check the Dream guitar thread

Your Style: I've played all kinds of different styles, but I cater to rock/hard rock stuff.

Biggest Influence: Hmmm... I've picked up things from all kinds of different artists, but the one that's had the biggest impact on me lately is Anberlin.

BurntHombre 04-16-2004 12:53 PM

You kids with your surveys.

Name: Add yet another Jon to the mix.

Years Playing: 13

Current Guitars: Martin D-15, Tak F-375SW, Seagull S6+burst, Alvarez Yairi CY127CE classical, Martin SWD-GT

Amp: Hmm...I've got an old Fender Sidekick Reverb 20 laying around. Don't know much about it.

Effects: Sometimes my wife askes me to play more quietly.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: Years and years.

What Song Was It: Some lute piece by Bach. Still don't have the whole thing down.

Do You Play In A Band: No. That's Satan's playground.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: There is no weird. There is only chord.

Favorite Chord: 332233. Or something. I don't know.

How Many Songs Can You Play: Five gazillion. I have no idea.

Can You Sing And Play: Why, yes and yes. And yes.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Depends on which guitar. Lights and mediums.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Lights

Dream Guitar: A pre-war Martin OM, preferably a D-42

Your Style: Fingerstyle acoustic. "Folk." Polka fusion.

Biggest Influence: Paul Simon, from both the solo and S&G years.[/QUOTE]

Rainer. 04-16-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurntHombre
Name: Add yet another Jon to the mix.

I wonder what kind of confusion would break out among the Jons, Mikes, and Nates if we called everyone by their first name... :lol:

BurntHombre 04-16-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainer123
I wonder what kind of confusion would break out among the Jons, Mikes, and Nates if we called everyone by their first name... :lol:

Good question. While we're at it, I thinK I'm going to steal that picture there in your signature. ;)

ryanspeer 04-16-2004 03:03 PM

Name: you'll never guess...

Years Playing: approx 8

Current Guitar: 2002 Taylor 614ce with 3-piece maple back

Effects: Custom made A/B pedal (input: guitar - A&B outs: tuner and then the effects chain)>Ernie Ball Volume Jr.>Barber Tone-Press (compressor)>Line 6 MM4 (primarily for chorus and some flange)>Line 6 DL4

How Many Songs Have You Written: One or two

Do You Play In A Band: Yes - at church

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: How is a chord "weird"?

Favorite Chord: Isn't this like asking "what's your favorite toothbrush?" My answer? Ehhhh, all of them...

How Many Songs Can You Play: I've honestly lost count

Can You Sing And Play: Yes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Mediums

Gauge Of Picks You Like: .60mm Dunlop Tortex (orange)

Dream Guitar: Something by Kevin Ryan, Olson, Breedlove, etc...

Your Style: combination of Chris Tomlin, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, etc.

Biggest Influence: God. Oh, you mean MUSICAL influence? Probably Chris Tomlin and/or Charlie Hall

rock_guitar1990 04-16-2004 03:12 PM

Name: Chris

Years Playing: 2

Current Guitars: Fender STandard Stratocaster

Amp: Blown out Fender Frontman 15G, getting a new one

Effects: Crybaby, DS-1, Snarling Dogs: Blue Doo

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 2 months

What Song Was It: "Lithium" by Nirvana i think

Do You Play In A Band: Yes, about four.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: They're all weird to me...

Favorite Chord: um...don't have one, i like all of the 5's

How Many Songs Can You Play: I might hurt myself if I try to count them all

Can You Sing And Play: Yeah, only the ones I practice often

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Lights and mediums

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Lights and mediums

Dream Guitar: I don't think I could think of one. I'm not experienced enough to know what to put into a guitar.

Your Style: Punk rock, grunge, metal, classic rock

Biggest Influence: Kurt Cobain and Nirvana really influenced me

Shredcheddar 04-16-2004 03:57 PM

Name: Travis

Years Playing: 2 pointe 5 years

Current Guitars: Ibanez RG170, Tacoma RM6

Amp: Marshall MG50RCD ( :thumbsdn: )

Effects: Boss PH-3 Phaser, Line 6 DL-4 Delay

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 2 weeks (15 hours of work)

What Song Was It: Phil Keaggy's instrumental version of "Arrow" off of 220

Do You Play In A Band: Can't find open musicians!

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: F#m6/(3x+9)[Log3(15)]... it's a toughie

Favorite Chord: I really like Xm69 chords

...I have to go eat and then leave to umpire a Little League baseball game, so I can't finish right now :) Later

Oh look.. he's back
Food isn't quite done yet, so...

Daniel Horney 04-16-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredcheddar
Wierdest Chord You Can Play: F#m6/(3x+9)[Log3(15)]... it's a toughie

could you put that into some form of notation for me. Im intersted in seeing it.

peace
D

rkbo 04-16-2004 06:11 PM

Name:Rick Bozarth

Years Playing:1 (not only am I the oldest but I'm the rookiest)

Current Guitar: I'll count the ones I bought my boys also, cause I play them too.
dean performer (acoustic electric)
fernandez reyna (acoustic electric)
Gretsch Sierra (acoustic electric)
walden 640 acoustic (acoustic electric)
Ibanez salvador (classical electric
Ibanez talman artcore (semi-hollow electric)
fernandez revolver pro (electric)
fernandez dragonfly X (electric)
pignose (acoustic)

Amp: Dean DA-15 , crate MX 15R, Danelecto (the kind you clip on your belt and use headphones

Effects: Digitech RP50

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: If you mean a song I can play from memory then 2 days

What Song Was It:Elshadi

Funnest Song To Play: Jumbalaya (cause my 6 yr old likes to sing with me)

How Many Songs Have You Written: part of one

Do You Play In A Band: Not hardly

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: A flat miner (your supposed to say why then I'm supposed to make a joke about a Miner after a cave in and I don't think it's funny either so I change my answer to any barr chord.

Favorite Chord: A minor

How Many Songs Can You Play: all the easy tab songs in my hal lenard books

Can You Sing And Play: sometimes

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Elixer polyweb .012-.053 acoustic. Dean Markley blue steel 10-46 electric. D'Addario extra hard Tension .029-.045 classical

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Dunlop .50 for strumming Dunlop .80 for pickin

Dream Guitar: Parker nitefly (electric) Legacy AE (acoustic) checkem out caguitars.com

Your Style:slow and easy

Biggest Influence: Tommy Emanuel, chet atkins, Peter white, Calos Santana

Ashleigh 04-17-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

GEORGE DENNIS. PERIOD. .73 or .88.
oh yeah, their picks rock !

BillSPrestonEsq 04-17-2004 02:29 PM

Name:BillSPrestonEsq

Years Playing:Around 8

Current Guitar: Ibanez 320 dx, custom one i made

Amp: Vintage crate 200 watt solid state combo, 120 watt sdudio peavey tube amp

Effects: boss me 30

Longest It Took You Learn A Song:9 months

What Song Was It:toccatto and fugue in Dm

Funnest Song To Play: Tortured reflections on an absent memory.

How Many Songs Have You Written: 5-10 instrumental

Do You Play In A Band: I have, am currently playing with a keyboardist.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: ........... What is a weird chord?

Favorite Chord: one that fits the mood...

How Many Songs Can You Play: Most of them, just give me music

Can You Sing And Play:A Little

Gauge Of Strings You Play:7 is my preference, though I like 9s on the ibanez.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: fingers

Dream Guitar: To make a better guitar than the last one, even though I think it is incredible...

Your Style: Incredibly hard or incredibly soft. Not much in the middle

Biggest Influence:Oz Fox of Stryper

Rainer. 04-17-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredcheddar
Do You Play In A Band: Can't find open musicians!

Seems we're in similar situations... ;)

DarylB 04-17-2004 06:57 PM

Name: Daryl Bandstra

Years Playing: 2

Current Guitar:
Cort m600

A Goya acoustic

Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas.../48/480509.jpg

Fender Frontman 25R
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/..._25R_Combo.jpg

Effects:
Boss Tu-2

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas...1/213012.t.jpg
Boss DD-3

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas.../15/151310.jpg
MXR Dyna Comp
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas...5/151101.t.jpg

Boss LM-2

http://www.l-wise.co.jp/MP/2001%2001...0efct%2018.jpg

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: A few weeks

What Song Was It: The solo in "How do you like me now?"- Toby Keith

Funnest Song To Play: Super Mario Bros Theme

How Many Songs Have You Written: I've written many riffs and few songs.

Do You Play In A Band: Yes

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: G#/F# (no3)

Favorite Chord: Xm7

How Many Songs Can You Play: This questions asks how man CAN I play, not how many I know so probably like a million.

Can You Sing And Play: A Little

Gauge Of Strings You Play: 10's on electric and i forget my acoustic gauge

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Dunlop Tortex Yellows for electric and Dunlop .60's or so for acoustic

Dream Guitar: I'm not really sure but probably a custom Tele or something

Your Style: Rockin' with a tinge of blues AndABitA Metal and Country. Somewhat diverse

Biggest Influence: Satch, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Angus Young

NazisInhale 04-20-2004 11:34 AM

Name: Jessica (Jeska)

Years Playing: 3

Current Guitar: Takamine acoustic

Amp: I'm not a big fan of amps with my acoustic. :)

Effects: none.

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 6 hours.

What Song Was It?: So Strange I Remember You -- Thrice

Funnest Song To Play: Sweet Home Alabama

How Many Songs Have You Written: Around 20.

Do You Play In A Band: Of course.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: um.

Favorite Chord: It doesn't have a name. It's just cool.

How Many Songs Can You Play: Hundreds.

Can You Sing And Play: I sure can.

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Lights typically, but mediums work well.

Gauge Of Picks You Like: Dunlop 60mm

Dream Guitar: Taylor 800 series.

Your Style: It varies. Pop, rock, punk, a little metal. It depends on my mood.

Biggest Influence: Yellowcard, mewithoutYou..anything I like.

jesusfreak86ca 04-20-2004 12:03 PM

Name: James

Years Playing: 6

Current Guitar: my main ones = Takamine G series acoustic, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul studio, and some home made acoustic one a friend of my parents made. (I call it Purcy)

Amp: Line 6 modeling amp, Fender Deluxe 90

Effects: Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler Pedal, Every Danelectric Pedal (even the little tiny ones), Line 6 POD 2.0 Amp Modeler with floorboard, Boomerang Phrase Sampler, Yamaha AG Stomp

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: 3 days.

What Song Was It?: Neon - John Mayer

Funnest Song To Play: Neon - John Mayer

How Many Songs Have You Written: Lost count

Do You Play In A Band: I have a band that plays with me, but they're not MY BAND.

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: some of the ones I invented

Favorite Chord: Anything Augmented

How Many Songs Can You Play: that's a stupid question. Anyone who knows three chords can play like anything

Can You Sing And Play: It's how I make money

Gauge Of Strings You Play: Lights for electric, Medium Lights for Acoustic (Elixer of course)
Gauge Of Picks You Like: .60mm

Dream Guitar: More homemade guitars like Purcy

Your Style: Indie/Powerpop/Rock/Emo/Praise and worship/Acoustic Rock

Biggest Influence: John Mayer, Dave Matthews

magsepi 04-20-2004 03:05 PM

Name:magsepi

Years Playing: 3

Current Guitar:
Gison les paul studio
2 fender stratocasters
Taylor 314 ce l3
Taylor 310
Amp:
Marshall
Effects: Digitech

Longest It Took You Learn A Song: I dont know.

What Song Was It: I dont have a clue
Funnest Song To Play: Dont know

How Many Songs Have You Written:a few

Do You Play In A Band: I wish I was good enough

Wierdest Chord You Can Play: I havent a clue.

Favorite Chord: believe it or not open E.

How Many Songs Can You Play: a few

Can You Sing And Play: no.

Strings:light guage

Gauge Of Picks You Like: heavy

Dream Guitar: I own my dream guitars.

Your Style: contemporary Christian and praise and worship, blues

Biggest Influence: Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joey Mcgee, jennifer knapp,margaret becker.

ApparentlyNothing 04-21-2004 12:57 AM

Woah magsepi.... only 3 years? You sure do own a lot of really nice, really expensive guitars.....