Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Do You Play? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t72944/)

lostinleftfield 03-15-2004 03:12 PM

What Do You Play?

I Play:

A Custom 1998 Squire Stratocaster Guitar Candy Apple Red With White Pearl Pickguard,Usually Light Gauge Fender Super Bullet
Strings And Original Pickups

A Danelectro Custom Pedal Kit Containing A Tuner,Compressor,Octave Distortion,Metal Distortion(Headbangers Rejoice) And A Flanger,A Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal And A Boss AC-2 Acoustic Simulator Pedal(Nice)

And A Fender Frontman 25R Amp With A 10" Speaker And Switchable Overdrive And Reverb.

I Will Soon Add To That A Washburn Idol Electric Guitar,Matte Black Teflon Finish With Hand Made in The USofA Seymour Duncan Humbuckers(2) A Voice Contour System,Set Neck, And as an added bonus,It's really rare.

I also use white pearl Fender medium picks

Saxophone 03-15-2004 03:28 PM

this should be in the guitar forum :D.

lostinleftfield 03-15-2004 05:05 PM

ok move it then.

nards 03-15-2004 05:41 PM

It will be moved when a mod sees it, but I play a Karina. (I'm still learning so haven't upgraded yet, and don't have the finances to anyway)

Drill 03-15-2004 05:59 PM

hmm... I play an Ibanez acousitc that's pretty and balck. Nothing special though. I also play an Ibanez AG75 electric that's blue sunburst with a hollow body. It's nice. But I don't know much technicallity stuff of guitars and whatnot.

lyrpcrawn 03-15-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nards
.... I play a Karina.

I guess I'll have to get me one of those because my name is Kitrina. Kitrina playing a Karina. :rofl: Lame, I know. I play a Mark II. I plan on upgrading , myself, as soon as I get the money. Are we just talking guitars here? Because I also play: a Holton French horn, Bach trumpet, a King tuba, a Yamaha keyboard,

Lightknight 03-15-2004 06:52 PM

I've got myself a sweet Takamine acoustic electric from the G series. It's dreadnaught style cutaway. Steel strings go without saying. My friend knocked off a full digit from the price to let me get it for 350. Practically a steal if it wasn't him legally using his discount. Nato back and sides, solid spruce top. Rosewood fretboard. I ended up choosing it over some Taylers that I could have gotten (my parents really wanted to bless me that Christmas, and my friend's discount was too good to pass over)

Mr.Zachcore 03-15-2004 07:36 PM

I play:

a Black Epiphone SG 400.
a Red Alvarez Telecaster copy.
Orange Gretsch Acoustic Electric. Concert body. Solid spruce top. Fishman Preamp.she is nice.

Crate 20gfx amp. crappy distortion.
Peavy head. really old 1970s. dual channel
Kustom 4x10 cabinet. PUMPS IT OUT BABY!

slap_j 03-15-2004 08:08 PM

I play...the game of love.

Open up your mind and let me step inside
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
It's so easy when you know the rules
It's so easy all you have to do
Is fall in love
Play the game
Ev'rybody play the game of love

meatfinger 03-15-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightknight
I've got myself a sweet Takamine acoustic electric from the G series. It's dreadnaught style cutaway. Steel strings go without saying. My friend knocked off a full digit from the price to let me get it for 350. Practically a steal if it wasn't him legally using his discount. Nato back and sides, solid spruce top. Rosewood fretboard. I ended up choosing it over some Taylers that I could have gotten (my parents really wanted to bless me that Christmas, and my friend's discount was too good to pass over)

You chose a Takamine over a Taylor? That doesn't speak well of your taste, amigo. :nope:

Lightknight 03-15-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatfinger
You chose a Takamine over a Taylor? That doesn't speak well of your taste, amigo. :nope:

ah, but you should hear my Takamine. This is a top of the line one. We're talking four digits. Sure, every Taylor i could've chosen was four digits too. But man, you should hear this Takamine. It is perfect for my playing style. Besides, I got it for 350. The nearest Taylor that I could have gotten was about 500 with the discount. (meaning it cost around 1500). And I do have to watch out for my parents. But I seriously liked the sound so much better. As for taste, tell the to Elvis, Garth Brooks (well, I don't count him), and the Eagles. They all used Takamine.

smhatahy 03-15-2004 11:24 PM

I play the keyboard!! i got a yamaha PSR-2000 rite now, but im looking to get a Korg Triton.. maybe

EDIT: oooo.. also play Piano, Shaefer & Sons upright.. lol and attepting to learn guitar, i got a squire strat (piece of crud).. :-\

Jonular 03-15-2004 11:29 PM

To the guitar forum we go.

~Jon

smhatahy 03-15-2004 11:29 PM

but he never specified guitars!! :)

DreamChaser 03-15-2004 11:49 PM

I play a Martin DC16GTE Acoustic/Electric - and an Ibanez strat-copy electric, which is ok.