Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   You new you were a guitarist when???? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t72010/)

someone13 02-27-2004 08:21 PM

You new you were a guitarist when????

alright now spit it out when did you first realize you were a guitarist??
when a string snapped and went halfway through your finger?
when you skipped house payments to buy a new guitar???
I am sure that you can figure it out....... :D :D

MJ_Avalanche 02-27-2004 08:28 PM

When I got my Gibson SG... That's when I knew... I am guitar player.

mxrider 02-27-2004 08:42 PM

um... dont remember was like ten or something and i wanted to play a guitar, my friend had bought a junior guitar and then she decided she didnt wanna play it, so i made my parents buy it... thats all i remember... but i'm glad i decided to play! ;)

someone13 02-28-2004 07:08 AM

c'mon I saw this in a biking magazine (no it wasn't a question about guitars) and lik ea million billion people answered surely we could do more fore guitar eh??????

Rainer. 02-28-2004 09:35 AM

1. When I started playing over 1/2 hour a day.
2. When I got the relentless urge to play in a band.
3. When I got my Les Paul after a long search for a new guitar.
4. When I started to know more about guitars then anyone I know.
5. When I got on CGR... :cool:

Jake the Snake 02-28-2004 09:43 AM

When I popped my first string or broke my first pick

bpeltzer 02-28-2004 10:34 AM

13 years ago when I was just starting out and fell out of a tree breaking my left wrist. I had a cast for a week before I had scratched away enough of the cast from the palm of my hand so that I could bend my wrist at the 90 degree angle neccesary to play my first acoustic.

WorshipinWeirdo 02-28-2004 12:09 PM

1) When I first started realizing all these songs I had listened to for years had some killer guitar in em

2) When I'm channel surfing and see a guitar on TV and go ooooh acoustic or ooooh Electric

3) When I take my guitar everywhere I go

4) When I started to play well over an hour a day

5) When I was on the phone with someone and I was referred to in the background as the guitar playing person and not the computer geek :D

Spammy 02-28-2004 12:15 PM

1. When I could play open chords without looking
2. When I could play barred chords without looking

emo_boy 02-28-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone13
alright now spit it out when did you first realize you were a guitarist??
when a string snapped and went halfway through your finger?

That was me!!! hehe
When my mom showed me an A and D chord. Love at first strum.

MJ_Avalanche 02-28-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorshipinWeirdo
5) When I was on the phone with someone and I was referred to in the background as the guitar playing person and not the computer geek :D

haha, that sounds like me!

I was always the geek, and now I'm the guitar player.

Saxophone 02-28-2004 02:28 PM

I knew because I had a passion for music to begin with, when i started guitar I would play everyday as much as I could. I would take my guitar over any other pass time. I knew what type of guitar it was by sound. I gave up my license to afford my dream guitar (still in the works). About a million other things.

Rainer. 02-28-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorshipinWeirdo
3) When I take my guitar everywhere I go

Someone once asked me if my guitar case was surgically implanted into my body... :rolleyes:

Quote:

:lol: Me too... I'm the nerdy guy, but to those who hear me play,I'm the crazy guitarist...*evil laugh* :evil:

WorshipinWeirdo 02-28-2004 03:37 PM

I've been the resident tech guy in the youth group for like four years, 6 months of playing guitar and I'm the guitarist in the youth group.

someone13 02-28-2004 03:41 PM

when all the girls start following you around............