Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   Pics and Descriptions of Your Drums (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t70705/)

FedExPope 02-21-2006 11:14 PM

Gretsch Renown Maple

Cymbals

Sabian Hats
Sabian Crash
Zildjian Crash
Sabian Splash
Wuhan China

Pearl Kick Pedal
Gibralter Hardware.

FedExPope 02-21-2006 11:16 PM

http://x402.putfile.com/2/5121225383.jpg

adamisrad 02-22-2006 04:55 AM

nice kit. cymbal sizes/models?

and whats the drum on the floor in the back?

FedExPope 02-22-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamisrad
nice kit. cymbal sizes/models?

and whats the drum on the floor in the back?

That would be the 12" tom, sizes in the post above the pic.

thesteve 02-22-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedExPope
That would be the 12" tom, sizes in the post above the pic.

i think he means the one all the way in the back, behind the table. is your snare the stock one? it looks pretty thin in the picture.

adamisrad 02-23-2006 07:11 PM

I meant what sizes are the cymbals...as well as what models of the brands you listed.

I was guessing 10, 12, 13, and 16 were the tom sizes on the kit. am i wrong?

RhythmicAndy 03-07-2006 07:53 PM

Why are all the drums and cymbals flat and parallel with the ground?

fallinguprawks 03-07-2006 07:57 PM

My toms are about as parallel to the ground as his right now, and my cymbals are barely tilted towards me. I think it looks a lot nicer that way than if everything's facing you, and it's nice to be able to train yourself to play that way.

adamisrad 03-08-2006 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhythmicAndy
Why are all the drums and cymbals flat and parallel with the ground?

Because everything is low enough to do so.

RhythmicAndy 03-10-2006 12:54 PM

I like asking people that question because the reason drummers set up that way is because Travis Barker or whoever punk/emo basher out there sets their drums up that way. The truth is that its cosmetics. It bothers me because it hinders playing. Drums should be set up in a way where it promotes maximum drumset facility, movement, sound, and response. It doesn't seem very aesthetic or ergonomic to me.

jesusfreak86ca 03-26-2006 06:39 PM

Finally took some pictures

Here it is...finally posting a picture of one of my kits. This one is the vintage pearl drumset I picked up a few months ago and restored. It was in rough shape when I bought it. Not 100% sure of the age but I do knot it was made in their earlier years when Pearl was making drumsets for other companies.
My best guess would be no younger than 1965 and no older than 1950. I'm leaning towards 1953ish.

Cymbals are
8" Sabian HH Splash
10" UFIP splash
13" Sabian HHX Manhattan Jazz Hats
20" Sabian Artisan Ride
20" Zildjian K Constantinople Ride
21" Sabian Signature Fierce Ride
22" Sabian Raw Ride.

Insane Drummer 03-26-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhythmicAndy
I like asking people that question because the reason drummers set up that way is because Travis Barker or whoever punk/emo basher out there sets their drums up that way. The truth is that its cosmetics. It bothers me because it hinders playing. Drums should be set up in a way where it promotes maximum drumset facility, movement, sound, and response. It doesn't seem very aesthetic or ergonomic to me.

Alot of players find this more comfortable. It is 10 times better than when the rack-toms are at opposite angles and the floor tom flat. With everything flat, when you sit above it, you can get smooth motion all the way around. The ride also can be played that way. Now the crashes, I wouldn't advise it for reasons of wear.

Insane Drummer 03-26-2006 07:31 PM

This is how my kit looks right now.

guitargeek6298 03-26-2006 08:50 PM

Well, I don't have pics, unfortunately, but here's the run down...

Drums
8x8 Pearl Export
10x8 Pearl Export
12x10 Peace (yuck)
13x11 Peace (yuck)
16x16 Peace (yuck)
14x5 Pacific maple snare
22x18 Peace kick

Cymbals (from left to right)
14" Sabian HH regular hats
8" Zildjian A Custom splash
10" Zildjian A Custom splash
14" Zildjian A Custom fast crash
12" Sabian AA splash
16" Zildjian A Custom crash
20" Sabian AA Medium ride
12" Wuhan china :D

I also have a 6" A Custom splash, and a 16" Sabian AAX Stage crash, but I don't really have a use for either in my setup right now.

The Peace drums and the Pearl drums are almost identical in color, so you'd never know that they were different brands unless you looked closer. So it looks pretty decent, and they serve their purpose.

Lightning10 03-29-2006 06:43 PM

HI, I'm on a low budget, so this is the best I can do, I'm gonna eventually replace everything over the years until I have a better kit.

Drums:
Bass
Floor Tom
Middle Tom
Hi Tom
Snare
All Tama Stagestars, dark blue, don't have the dimensions in my head at the moment.

Cymbols:
14" Thin Crash
16" Thin Crash
18" Crash Ride
13" Hi-Hat
All Sabian B8's that I got in a kit for a great deal for my b-day. :D

Not much, but I don't do concert drumming or play in any real jobs, so it gets the job done well enough, I'm just happy to have a drum set to mess around on. :)