Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   Pics and Descriptions of Your Drums (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t70705/)

RhythmicAndy 04-18-2003 09:41 PM

For an amazingly simple mahogany and generic hardwood kit i dont know how i get the sound i do out of it. Here it is.

CB sp series kit w/remo heads on tops of toms and snare, generic heads on bottoms and Evans bass drum head.
Sabian B8 hi hats(14")
12" B8 splash
16" B8 crash
20" B8 pro rock ride
18" AA Rocktagon
14" Lion china
Premier double bass pedal

Insane Drummer 04-19-2003 07:22 AM

hiya shredcheds bro.. i thinkhe posted a pic of that. so i have a question. what exactly does a rocktagon sound like?

RhythmicAndy 04-19-2003 10:46 AM

The rocktagon is like a hybrid of an 18" crash/ride and china. Makes for a funky dry sound and its pretty heavy. It really gets loud.

Insane Drummer 04-19-2003 07:10 PM

hmmm sweet... they look really awesome.. sound like it would be cool too.. if i ever bought one i would get it off e-bay.. ALOT of people sell them geuss they buy um for looks and don't like the sound..

RhythmicAndy 04-19-2003 07:22 PM

Ya, i've noticed they do seem to be a bit of a collectors item. I've also seen a Rocktagon made into a clock. Its got the cymbal with hands coming out of the center mounting hole, im not sure what you call it,but the hole in the middle.

Insane Drummer 04-22-2003 09:58 PM

now thats odd.. the one music store round here has a clock like that. lol

RhythmicAndy 04-23-2003 05:54 PM

The store where I got my set and used to take lessons had one.Odd.:shifty:

Insane Drummer 04-25-2003 02:09 PM

interesting.. sabian might sell it as a clock... might check on musicians friend for such a thing

RhythmicAndy 04-25-2003 03:34 PM

Ive been thinking of mounting it on my wall as a peice of art.

Insane Drummer 05-12-2003 02:32 PM

i'm not sure.. next time i go any where i wil try one out.

so do you play your 18 inch china by hand? i play my 12 inch one by hand.. but an 18 seems pretty big of a cymbal for hand play..

Shredcheddar 05-12-2003 02:39 PM

I like the jam blocks better.. they seem to have more "cut" and just show up in a song better than wood, to me. I actually like the jam block sound better, anyway, and they will last forever. I say go with the jam blocks, unless you want to be cheap and make wood ones yourself.. not so bad an idea.

RhythmicAndy 05-12-2003 04:33 PM

Hmm, well I do like to go with original pieces like the wood. But the plastic blocks have good sound too and are more durable. It depends on your taste. But if you get the Lp blocks I don't think you're sacrificing the sound of wood for durability.

I just added a Rhythmtech drum set tambourine to my setup. I like, plus im trying to expand. I have it mounted on a Gibraltar clamp with arm which is on my cymbal stand with splash.

codyofthejungle 05-12-2003 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shredcheddar
I like the jam blocks better..
unless you want to be cheap and make wood ones yourself.. not so bad an idea.

you like the jame blocks...but will they work with handplay...........and how could i go about making my own?

thanks

Insane Drummer 05-13-2003 10:35 AM

well anything will work with hand if you smack it hard enough. the true question is. is it practicaly playible by hand. another option is a hand cowbell beater its a clamp thing that like has this metal or plastic ball thing which you smack and it in turns smacks the cow bell/wood block.

codyofthejungle 05-16-2003 01:08 PM

i dropped by the local music store(i hate that place....)anyway,i tried a lot of things,of all the bells/blocks,the only ones that sounded good was lp's big red jam block and lp's sambago bells(the pink and orange thing),but they sounded really good,i'm gonna get them,and a cowbell.what cowbell would you guys recommend to be mounted and played by hand?