Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   Pics and Descriptions of Your Drums (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t70705/)

Jay Tea 01-31-2003 07:59 PM

Well, I don't have a kit yet. But when my tax return comes, I'm gnna think about it. And this is what I'm thinking about. So pretty...

http://www.conawaydrums.com/images/Sea-Blue.jpg

Insane Drummer 01-31-2003 08:34 PM

dude thats shweeet. i've gotten alot of new stuff since my most recnt pics of my kit.. what brand is that baby in that pic?

Jay Tea 01-31-2003 08:38 PM

It's a Conaway...an online custm place...people at the harmony central foorums ften have good things to say about them. 6 piece maple kit for 1100...pretty cool.

www.conawaydrums.com

Unfortunately, I have other things I probably ought to do with my money. Maybe I'll pick up a bass instead. Wait until I have a job and can shell out anoother thousand or so for cymbals and a rack.

Insane Drummer 01-31-2003 08:51 PM

this is a old weird veiw of my kit..lols now i have a new crash a new ride a 12 inch china a cowbell a tambourine and 2 differnt splashs and that splash is cracked..lol i set it on my snare for a cool tighter sound quick kinda like a muffled piccilo

Shredcheddar 01-31-2003 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay Tea
people at the harmony central foorums ften have good things to say about them. 6 piece maple kit for 1100...pretty cool.

Hrm.. I tend to take those ratings worth a grain of salt now days, and just look for the problems people point out. Most of the time, people rate it high beacuse of personal pride (you like to beleive that you have good equipment, don't you?), and there may be a little company involvement on those reviews. So what I do is throw out all the 9 10 10 10 10 ratings, and look at the low ones to see what problems there are. That's what does you the real good.. knowing the setbacks. However, it looks like the only setback on that snare is the price!

SOS_Chris 02-06-2003 08:07 PM

Well, Here goes...

My main kit, which I used for most of my last tour, which will probbaly surprise you is a Tama Swingstar Kit....Kind of a diamond in the rough thing with what I got.

I actually use a
22 in Kick
Pearl 10 in rack tom
12 in tom mounted by my hi hat
13 in tom mounted by my floor tom
16 in floor tom
and a 14x5.5 steel snare
I use A mixture of Paiste, Zildjian, and even have a camber cymbal that I use for like a trash cymbal
I mount all of this on an icon rack

I also have a DW kit that I use, collector series
It is as follows...
20 in Kick
10 in mounted tom
15 in floor tom
16 in floor tom
14x3.5 piccolo snare
I use regular stands to mount everything on this kit.
I also Use the RIMS system
Cymbals for this kit are normally straight Zildjian including an 8 in splash, 16 crash, 18 in projection crash, and 20 in ping ride

And then...
A standard 5 piece Ludwig kit that I rarely use.
12, 13, 16, and 22...

God Bless,
Chris

SOS_Chris 02-06-2003 08:09 PM

I forgot a standard size Yamaha custom kit too... 12, 13, 16, 22...and a 14x3.5 piccolo snare.

Chris

H.M. Murdock 02-08-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shredcheddar
However, it looks like the only setback on that snare is the price!
Definitely. That things bigger'n mine!!!! (Which is BIG. My snare's just as big as the drummer's that plays for Lifehouse. :D)

Insane Drummer 02-08-2003 04:55 PM

i like thin little snares.. for that tight POP sound.. and i like big booming basses.. with a nice THUMP:spin: :kspin:

Shredcheddar 02-08-2003 04:58 PM

yeah.. wood snares especially. Plus, thin ones are much easier to carry around. I also think they look cooler.. the other ones look all "confederate marching military drummer" to me.:kcool:

LWatford 02-10-2003 01:46 PM

Here is a pic of one of my kits...Now we set the three toms over the bass drums, and the cymbals are different.

LWatford 02-10-2003 01:49 PM

pic...

Insane Drummer 02-10-2003 05:50 PM

is that a Vistilite?!?!?! it looks clear..dude that is shweeeet

robert4xst 02-11-2003 08:52 AM

Yea those clear drums look cool... they's look cooler with black heads.

Jay Tea 02-11-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by H.M. Murdock
Definitely. That things bigger'n mine!!!! (Which is BIG. My snare's just as big as the drummer's that plays for Lifehouse. :D)
Err...that was a tom I posted, if that's what you're talking about. And the price was for the whole 6-pc set...not just a snare.