Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   who do u WANT to sound like when u sing :-) (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t53181/)

joylovesskillet 11-21-2003 08:24 PM

I have one friend who says my voice is totally awesome, but I'm fairly sure she's only saying that to make me feel good. I don't really know who I would want to sing like, but it would have to be somebody who has a larger voice range than me.

DarylB 11-29-2003 12:04 AM

I want to sound like Mac Powell from Third Day. Love his deep rich tone.

PunkRocker 12-22-2003 09:21 PM

brandon boyd...definately. and second would be the guy in switchfoot (tim foreman?).

joylovesskillet 12-29-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkRocker
brandon boyd...definately. and second would be the guy in switchfoot (tim foreman?).

Tim is the bass player and backup singer. Jon is the main singer. I have been told that I sing a lot like him, but I'm a girl, so I don't know if that's a compliment.

Anyway, I want to be able to sing like Amy Lee. I don't think I would want to sing like her all the time, but to be able to sing like her would be cool.

Clayton 01-19-2004 08:22 AM

I have a friend who has never tried to sing regurlly but he can sing just like Bon from the old AC/DC records. It is the coolest thing eva :D

niangelo 01-27-2004 01:12 AM

Maynard James Keenan or Mac Powell.

Sapphy 01-27-2004 04:08 AM

Norah Jones..weird but true..I just love her tonal quality and her phrasing

abstract 02-12-2004 02:34 PM

I would LOVE to sing like Amy Lee from evanescence!!!!! She has such an amazing voice!!!!! Evanescence Rocks!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

jumper 02-19-2004 09:53 AM

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is such a tuff question. Because i love the way my voice sounds right now i dont think i would want to any thing about my voice. but i love lesleys voice sounds from jump5 and Brittany. BYE GUYS :giverose:

Griffon 03-04-2004 03:28 PM

I try to sing like Dave Matthews, Bob Dylan, and Jimi Hendrix. Heh, mostly because I can't sing very well at all, but I still like to. Those guys have confidence and emotion in their voices, which makes them sound better than most conventionally "good" singers, I think.

Kori 03-20-2004 01:30 PM

Joby Harris from Crash Rickshaw. I guess he's my biggest vocal influence... if you heard both me and him I guess you could kind of tell that. I don't know how to describe him.. It's like he can't hit the high notes, but tries to anyway and doesnt do good and it gets raspy. Pure art. :p

Shaneathin86 03-20-2004 01:48 PM

noone mentioned John Cooper (skillet) his voice is awesome cause he sing pretty good and when he screams its real grating cause he's not that great at it but it sounds awesome, haha.. i wish i could sing period i'm awful lol that must be why God made instruments for people like me with no tonal quality to call their own