Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   who do u WANT to sound like when u sing :-) (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t53181/)

AbbieLynn 07-25-2003 09:01 PM

I like to sing like myself. Which brings about the question, 'How do I sing?' It all depends on what I'm singing. When I sing pop, I sound poppy. When I sing gospel, I sound gospel-ly. When I sing opera, I sound opera-y. :S It all depends.

GRibbit 07-25-2003 09:14 PM

Haha good stuff AbbieLynn

Abbie Lynn 07-26-2003 09:26 PM

Well? How would you expect me to sing? :lol: Like Bruce Springsteen? :rofl:

GRibbit 07-26-2003 09:26 PM

:lol: lets hope not ;)

spiffyme 07-30-2003 12:30 AM

I just want to sound original... when someone hears my voice, i want them to know with out a doubt who i am. So many singers sound so alike, it gets boring.

tho i do admit i'd LOVE to sound like Jennifer Knapp or the girl from Evanesence...... :thumbsup:

Gott ist kühl 09-03-2003 10:36 AM

it would be really cool to sound like any of the following

Andrew - Project 86
Christian - Blindside
Davey - AFI
Raine - Our Lady Peace

H.M. Murdock 09-17-2003 10:37 AM

I'd like to be able to sing like Maynard James Keenan. :yep:
I CAN sound like Scott Stapp, Mac Powell, and a few others. But I REALLY wish I could sing (and scream) like Maynard. :cool:

shinemdm 09-20-2003 09:41 PM

I love Billie Joe Armstrong's (Green Day) voice. Very cool

Ted Logan 09-23-2003 07:28 PM

Why anyone would ever want to sound like Scott Stapp or Mac Powell is beyond me :D

I want everyone to know it's me when they hear my voice. I want it to haunt them when they hear it and don't know who I am. I want it to affect them in a profound way.

beanbag 09-25-2003 03:20 PM

If I could choose, I would want to be able to sing like Evanescence's lead singer...not sound exactly like her, because as everyone else said, that wouldn't be me...but I wish I could go really high and really low. Right now I'm just stuck in low lol.

Skeeter 09-28-2003 05:42 AM

Well, I try to sound like me, but some influences on how I try to use my voice are Hawksley Workman, Raine Maida, Kevin Max, and Benjamin Kowaliwecz (from Billy Talent). I wish I could perform vocal calisthenics like Hawksley, employ falsetto like Raine, have a range like Kevin, and scream like Benjamin.

Mara 10-22-2003 03:17 PM

I'd like to have Kevin Max's voice if I wasn't a girl. I would like to have TBG's lead singer's voice or Jennifer Knapp. if I was a guy I would want to sound like Switchfoot's lead singer or Jason Wade from Lifehouse (he rocks!!!!!!)

lisaboo 10-23-2003 06:09 PM

:brick: --haha...that looks awesome
Anyways, if this comes up as a new subject, my bad, sorry. I love Darlene Zchech's (?) voice. But I agree with the whole original voice thing. I'd never want to sound like someone else.

Rob 10-27-2003 12:06 PM

Reese Roper :D

Although I'd rather just be a better singer with my own voice. I talk like a surfer. Very unique.

GRibbit 10-27-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisaboo
:brick: --haha...that looks awesome
Anyways, if this comes up as a new subject, my bad, sorry. I love Darlene Zchech's (?) voice. But I agree with the whole original voice thing. I'd never want to sound like someone else.

Darlene Zchech, huh? There's a lady at the church my family goes to who sounds very similar to Darlene Zchech or however you spell that...awesome stuff.