Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   who do u WANT to sound like when u sing :-) (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t53181/)

georgeo 06-18-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (blank)
really anyone with an english accent i think is real cool

hahahaha, yeah english people are cool
we have a guy at our church from new zealand(close enogh to british) and its funny, cause he sings exactly like a midwesterner, but when he talks, you almost start laughing cause he has a hardcore accent.

iDogcow 06-18-2003 07:42 PM

I wanna sound like...The Doobie Bros! :lol:

Nutmeg 06-18-2003 08:07 PM

I would love to sound like Rachael Lampa! She has such a beautiful voice! I mean, I can sing, I just don't know if it's that pretty :cool:

Yojimbo 06-18-2003 08:40 PM

I'd sell my Water Works, Reading Railroad, and my hotel on Boardwalk to sound like Clay Aiken. He's amazing. Or Garth Brooks. He is equally amazing.

Art 06-19-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodness
I'd sell my Water Works, Reading Railroad, and my hotel on Boardwalk to sound like Clay Aiken. He's amazing. Or Garth Brooks. He is equally amazing.

Oh gosh... I would love to have been born with either of their pipes.

georgeo 06-19-2003 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodness
I'd sell my Water Works, Reading Railroad, and my hotel on Boardwalk to sound like Clay Aiken. He's amazing.

he's going to get better, too. he needs some vocal training, not on how to sing, but singing styles. i wanted to shoot him when he sang "mack the knife" completely wrong style. he's gonna be really good a couple years. i look foward to him getting on some holiday time specials and singing.

yeah, i'd love to have his range.....

Swanky 06-22-2003 08:31 PM

i love my voice just the way it is, but if I could sound like anyone in the world it would be Caitlyn Smith!

bossman 06-22-2003 08:54 PM

I like my voice but if I could sing like someone it would be Chester from Linkin park, man i love his voice, but I would leave the rap behind and do something cooler. (easy to say when they're the ones selling millions of records) oh and Christian from blindside, his voice is great,

HooBassist 06-23-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossman
oh and Christian from blindside, his voice is great,

That guy is awesome.

Mavsfan41 06-26-2003 05:05 PM

i may be crazy but the dude from the queens of the stone age. hes not that bad in my opinion

Singin4Him82 07-14-2003 06:26 PM

I just like to sound like me. If I were to wanted to sound like someone else I would not be unique and I wouldn't be using my voice the way God created it to sound.

GRibbit 07-18-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singin4Him82
I just like to sound like me. If I were to wanted to sound like someone else I would not be unique and I wouldn't be using my voice the way God created it to sound.

I wanna sound like this one /\ ;)
J/K...I just want to sound like me :D

Tenacious 07-18-2003 11:29 AM

I would want to sing like my friends, my friends have great singing voices :)

Shredcheddar 07-21-2003 08:20 PM

It'd be really cool to have Thom Yorke's voice.

Guitar MC 07-21-2003 08:56 PM

I want to be able to sing like Derrek Webb. I love when he does that think where his voice breaks up.

-Trey