Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   Solos Competition (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t49039/)

Juninho Afram 04-10-2003 07:25 PM

Solos Competition

hey there , i just had an idea , im kinda new here so i dont know if some 1 did it before or something but i was thinking we can make a guitar solo competition! like we all record a solo in mp3 and send to the webmasters or something like that then they judge who got the best solo :kcool: what you guys think about it?

Juninho

Daniel Horney 04-10-2003 07:53 PM

how is that building up the body of christ?

not that im against it, im just wondering (not to mention the fact that bluesjunkie would whip me.:D

jguitarfreak 04-10-2003 07:59 PM

I think thats a cool idea. Even though I would lose :) But its all cool

Mr.Zachcore 04-10-2003 08:07 PM

that sounds like fun but mine would be in wav and would be incredibly crappy

Daniel Horney 04-10-2003 08:14 PM

and definately wouldnt be small enought to attach :D

Ricky* 04-10-2003 08:44 PM

Quote:

dude this is CHRISTIAN guitar resourses......... most of us are saved...... i suggest you go to www.mxtabs.com if you want to witness to other guitar players

Daniel Horney 04-10-2003 08:57 PM

i dont mean adding to the body of christ, but who does this really bring glory to? For me (notice the for me part) i couuldnt do this without bringing my pride. This might not be the case some some or a lot of people, but for me it is.

Griffon 04-10-2003 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheDanish

not that im against it, im just wondering (not to mention the fact that bluesjunkie would whip me.:D

A competition would challenge you to do your best right? Hearing other's musical ideas would further challenge you. Being challenged will allow you to grow and play better. Do you play for people? Either in a band or in church? The better you play the better you can minister to the people you play for, and aid in building up the body christ. If you play crappy, how can you minister? Is that not a disservice to the body of christ?:kconf:

I'm only partly serious, and it can go both ways, it can make you become prideful, but just look at it as another form of practice, you should do ok with your pride.

On Topic now, BluesJunky would whip us all I think. heh

Daniel Horney 04-10-2003 10:48 PM

i pretty much agree. All i would say is to look for your fundamental motivation for diong this. If its pride, i would say dont do it. If its an honest effort to make yourself better (im not sure how entering a contest woud do this...but thats just me) then go for it. Thats all i am saying

Griffon 04-10-2003 11:48 PM

Like I said I was only half serious. But this will soon go into the theology forum.....

But I ask anyways, is it wrong to be proud of your accomplishments? I know "pride" is wrong, but what kind of pride is wrong? Is the pride that says "Yup I did that" wrong? or is it the pride that says "I'm better than you" that's wrong?

GMartin2R 04-10-2003 11:59 PM

i'd think about entering but it'd be just for fun. actually i'd probably just cut out a piece from one of my better recordsins that ive played around wiht adn use that, lol...

Daniel Horney 04-11-2003 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Griffon
Like I said I was only half serious. But this will soon go into the theology forum.....

But I ask anyways, is it wrong to be proud of your accomplishments? I know "pride" is wrong, but what kind of pride is wrong? Is the pride that says "Yup I did that" wrong? or is it the pride that says "I'm better than you" that's wrong?

boasting in anyhting other than the cross is wrong...you can be proud of the musical talent that god gave you, but then it just turns into a competition of who god blessed more

Ricky* 04-11-2003 12:09 AM

ok how about you forget about the whole pride thing and

say.............. i dont know....... do it for fun???

and dude your first post sounded a little prideful to me......

so your saying that you couldn't do somthing like that without becoming prideful??

how are you so sure you would win? or even place?????

Daniel Horney 04-11-2003 12:22 AM

Quote:

ok how about you forget about the whole pride thing and
say.............. i dont know....... do it for fun???
i would like to, but i think it would end up being me trying to show everyone how good i was...which i dont want that to turn into.

Quote:

and dude your first post sounded a little prideful to me......
hmm...i didnt mean it to be. I was just asking a question.

Quote:

so your saying that you couldn't do somthing like that without becoming prideful??
right now, i dont think so...give me a few years and we will see ;)

Quote:

how are you so sure you would win? or even place?????
well, ive heard soundclips that bluesjunkie has posted so im pretty sure i wouldnt win :D . Who knows, i might place (probably not) but why should that be of any importance?

peace
D

Ricky* 04-11-2003 12:40 AM

ok i see where your coming from now........

just the way you said it could have gone both ways.....

:)

Quote:

but why should that be of any importance?

see it sounded like you were all oh i would win and i dont want to become prideful......

but i got you now.....