Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   Gibson Les Pauls vs. Fender Strats (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t34160/)

Carly. 10-01-2002 05:15 PM

Ok, I like them both, but dude, when it comes down to it, I'm dreaming of Gibson...

However, I will not deny how amazing Stevie Ray handles the strat. For his ability, I carry much respect and admiration. And for all other people who can make a strat sound good. A christian artist that I can think of has a magical strat--Aaron Sprinkle. It's magic.

But when is comes to excellent, mind-blowing improvisation and lead work, Gibson's kill. They simply surpass all.

punk.

jarhead 10-01-2002 10:07 PM

DUDE!! Punk you just keep getting cooler and cooler.

Carly. 10-01-2002 11:30 PM

wow! what on earth did I do to deserve such flattery? Now for the second time!

jarhead 10-02-2002 12:57 PM

Haha, sorry I just can't seem to find many chick rockers, and anyone that likes Gibson's are cool in my book. Good thing my girlfriend is the best chick rocker of them all :D

on a side note, what kind of music does Aaron sprinkle play?? I've only heard the name, what songs should i check out??

Carly. 10-02-2002 01:02 PM

Dude, I actually don't know. I've only heard him play live. He played a great show with Pedro the Lion. Fun show! I got to hear his magic strat first-hand. Umm, I know that he has a track on the most recent "Happy Christmas Vol. 3" album. I don't know any of his songs though. He has an emoish quality to him, but he's very much got his own style. punk.

Oh yeah! Happy birthday! Dude, you're 18?! As of yesterday! But it's not that big of a transition though, dude... Basically, you get to vote and you don't need your parents' signature's anymore...

jarhead 10-02-2002 06:39 PM

Haha, thanks, yeah I guess i am officially an adult but I got a bunch of veggietales toys and a lava lamp for my b-day so it really doesn't feel like I'm an adult. I registered for the draft, wow wasn't that rebellious of me :p

I have the Happy Christmas cd but haven't listened to it much so i'll have to dig it out of my cd stash and check out the guy. I can never get past Santa Clause is thumbing to town, many repeats of that song, relient k is awesome. They play a Les Paul so I guess that solves this debate lol.

Carly. 10-03-2002 04:34 PM

And on occasion, M@ T. plays a really pretty Gibson Firebird... mmm... yummy.

jarhead 10-03-2002 04:56 PM

...and wears a pink fanny pack. The other matt (hoopes), plays a tele at times but tele's are a lot cooler than strats. If you feel like you need a fender, I would say get a tele instead. Much better, or even better get a Jaguar, i love those guitars.

Forhim3 10-03-2002 11:27 PM

I play both for the inn the youth band at church. I like the tone and sustain of the Les Paul, but I love the way the Strat feel's annd the way it sound's. So all in all they are both really good guitars.

I own a strat.

Carly. 10-04-2002 12:16 AM

hmmm... Matt Hoopes played his tele at the show I saw on Saturday the 28th of Sept. I couldn't stop staring at it... I never gave them thought really, but I have wondered what makes a strat and tele different from each other... I guess I'm gonna have to play the two to find out, eh? punk.

thesteve 10-04-2002 12:18 AM

pickups.

it's all in the pickups.

Carly. 10-04-2002 12:20 AM

really? why is that?

thesteve 10-04-2002 12:23 AM

just for starters, the tele as two pickups for three configurations.
the strat has three pickups for five configs.

the tele has two knobs (tone and volume)
and strat has three (tone volume and something else)

that's other things.
personally I like teles better

Carly. 10-04-2002 12:26 AM

dude! thanks for the info! I think I've always favored the tele for wrong reasons. I mean, I've never played one before, but I've been seeing them more and more often. Most recently in relientK and in The Hives. I also kinda liked them more because they don't have that stratocastor look. There are so many strat rip-offs, you know? They get old to look at... punk.

GMartin2R 10-04-2002 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dudedude2
just for starters, the tele as two pickups for three configurations.
the strat has three pickups for five configs.

the tele has two knobs (tone and volume)
and strat has three (tone volume and something else)

that's other things.
personally I like teles better

i thought it was 2 tone controls on a strat?