Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   Fender DG22 CE (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t32792/)

MuchAfraid 08-17-2002 01:24 AM

Fender DG22 CE

anyone else own one of these spectacular guitars? I LOVE mine, and you know what *whispers conspiratorially*it plays better than most of the Taylors that Ive played, and costs way less.

dave

Pete_H 08-17-2002 12:36 PM

Re: Fender DG22 CE

Quote:

Originally posted by MuchAfraid
it plays better than most of the Taylors that Ive played, and costs way less.
Hmmm, I think not. I have a Fender GA-45SCE and in some ways it compares to a Taylor, I don't think Fender Acoustics sound better than Taylors. Mine is made very well and sounds awesome, but Taylor has them beat by a landslide in the tone department.

Lightinthedark 08-17-2002 02:47 PM

I've got a DG-20 CE and I love it. I think that they are a great guitar and that Fender doesn't get the credit they deserve for their acoustics.

GUITAR 150 08-18-2002 07:28 PM

A DG 20 CE is going to be my next guitar as well. I agree Fender accoustic guitars don't get the credit they deserve. I have a DG-7 that I love and have a friend that plays a Martin and continues to comment how nice my cheap guitar sounds. It cracks me up. Also, have you all looked through the Fender catalog and see all the different accoustic guitars they make. The have some really nice stuff. Fender Rules

Miscellaneous 08-18-2002 07:37 PM

Fenders are great

if you like an extremely slow neck and high action.

gearup 08-19-2002 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Devout
Fenders are great

if you like an extremely slow neck and high action.

Fenders are pretty nice for the money. The action is no higher than any other new guitar, and the necks are not slow. Stop going on to all these threads and bashing something you obviously know nothing about.

If you like the Fender go for it. They ARE pretty good. If the action is a little high (like on most new guitars) Get a set-up. Fender has not been in buisness this long to know nothing about guitars or amps.

I do not however believe it plays better than a Talor. That is just insane to say something that. They are however a good value for the dolar, and if you like the sound and feel of it then they are the guitar for you. In the end it is your ears and your wallet that matter.

Have fun on your new Fender...:) :) :) :)

Miscellaneous 08-19-2002 01:51 PM

It was a joke if you didn't catch it. I know I know, its ok. some people just are not born with a sense of humor.

By the way that was a joke too so don't get mad.:D

thesteve 08-19-2002 06:45 PM

I played a DG-20CE once. I really did not like it at all seriously.

It had the fattest neck of any guitar I have ever played...beside my 1960s Harmony. The fretboard itself wasn't that bad, I just really didn't like having such a fat neck.

Superman 08-20-2002 06:12 AM

Fender acoustics arent bad. Most guitars in the $400-$600 price range are very close in quality (to me). My next guitar will probably be a high-end Guild.