Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f171/)
-   -   Hello, Iím Captain Julian (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t227761/)

Captain Julian 01-18-2020 09:53 PM

Hello, Iím Captain Julian

Howdy yíall.

My names Julian. Always been my ambition to play harp but struggling with that. Been doing real simple chords on guitar and doing well with that. Keen to meet some like minded souls. Been lurking a bit but trying to be a bit more out there.

J

Dr. Thrunk 01-21-2020 08:03 AM

Harps!

Always wanted to try that, but arent they quite expensive? How does one start out?

bravesfan007 01-22-2020 08:00 AM

Welcome to CGR!

While we may look antiquated, we are the coolest place to hang out online. In fact, this is often the one place I come instead of social media as I find the dialogue (and monologues) better.

Giuseppe 01-22-2020 08:20 AM

Welcome. Nice to see new members can register again :)

beanbag 01-22-2020 11:42 AM

welcome! take a look around, and consider popping over into journals to start one of your own and tell us a bit about yourself. they're probably the most active forum we have right now, although you're more than welcome to get discussions going in other forums as well!

Leboman 01-23-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe (Post 3984703)
Welcome. Nice to see new members can register again :)

I did have to manually add him.

Captain Julian 01-28-2020 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk (Post 3984689)
Harps!

Always wanted to try that, but arent they quite expensive? How does one start out?

Yeah true, expensive As.

To be honest, Iím just at the starting stage. Saw some pics online and thought they would be cool.

Homer Simpson 01-28-2020 05:46 AM

Ahoy, Matey. Welcome aboard the good ship CGR.

Laguna Master 02-04-2020 07:34 AM

Welcome! I love your avatar! That's one of the best dcTalk albums ever. My mom had a harp for a while but the pegboard cracked all the way through on the lower notes :( She got it super, super cheap though, so that's probably why. We like having other instrument players around here!

Captain Julian 02-05-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laguna Master (Post 3985086)
Welcome! I love your avatar! That's one of the best dcTalk albums ever. My mom had a harp for a while but the pegboard cracked all the way through on the lower notes :( She got it super, super cheap though, so that's probably why. We like having other instrument players around here!

Oh thatís nice, I also have ambition to play the Oboe, Steel Guitar and Hawaiian Ukelele.

Dwight Schrute 03-05-2020 07:52 AM

I like saying "oboe" out loud, it has a real ring to it. I'd like to try a steel guitar - it looks like an amazing art. I remember watching that tv show (The Next Great American Band) that had The Clark Brothers competing every week. their steel guitar dude was fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvSq4OYgtg

Ebdim9th 03-08-2020 08:19 AM

Greetinz! I'm a bit newish myself, mainly coz I keep wandering in and out (apologies to the rest of yez), but I still prefer forums... on Facebook if you accidentally mis-enter your password just once, they lock you out until you go to your email and enter in a code they've sent, so, lotsa reasons to head back to the Bulletin Boards.... I'm virtually learning the drums on Guitar Pro, but I still find the guitar the main challenge, all the chords, progressions, scales and modes, like Frank said, make a jazz noise here....

Captain Julian 03-20-2020 11:20 PM

Drums are easy. Just hit something.

Ebdim9th 03-21-2020 07:24 AM

lol, I wish..... they're trickier than I thought they'd be, I mean I knew there were Neil Peart and Atma Anur types out there, but it's hard to be proficient at more than one instrument, for me, anyway....

Dr. Thrunk 03-21-2020 11:27 AM

I bought a drum kit with a friend once. I was much worse than I thought I would have been!