Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Bass (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f223/)
-   -   NBD - Yamaha TRBX 505 (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t223865/)

Giga Hertz 08-24-2017 10:34 PM

NBD - Yamaha TRBX 505

So the Sunday before last my bass - 10 years old now - decided to have everything play up all at once; battery died, input jack for super loose and the strap button (fixed once already) slipped out. Since I haven't had a new bass since then (and it was second hand when I got it) I just cut the crap and ordered a brand new Yamaha.

I got a 5-string active, since that's what I already had so I'd have a rough idea of how it'd play. I haven't had an opportunity to plug it in, but so far I'm pretty impressed: the neck feels amazing (a lot better than my old one), the action is great, and it has a few more features. In particular a low-battery indicator and a passive/active toggle, so I shouldn't be caught with my pants down again.

Really looking forward to breaking this thing out. :yep:

mathminnick31 08-25-2017 03:51 AM

I've been back and forth between the 305 and the 505. Congrats on the new sweet bass! Now I have GAS, or BAS.

Giga Hertz 08-25-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathminnick31 (Post 3953738)
I've been back and forth between the 305 and the 505. Congrats on the new sweet bass! Now I have GAS, or BAS.

I considered the 305 when I was shopping, but I figured forking out extra to get the active pickups (which I have in the 375) would suit me better in the long run since I at least know what I'm getting that way.

thesteve 08-26-2017 05:43 PM

Man...that's great. can't wait to see how you like it.

Giga Hertz 08-27-2017 12:56 AM

My bass amp lives at the Church, and me playing depends on a few factors, so I don't know when I'll get to use it out in public (but very possibly next weekend). I ran this through my FX processor and into my guitar amp today to have a fiddle (and I'm working on a project).

Playing back the samples I've recorded, I'm pretty impressed with how it sounds that way. I've got the EQ on the bass itself flat and have the pickups balanced, running on active. When I get to use it at Church through my actual bass amp I'll probably start twiddling with the tone, but for now I'm pretty happy. I think it sounds a lot better than my old bass, and is definitely a lot nicer to play. I think it may be heavier though, but since I haven't actually played it in a few weeks I may just not be remembering.

Giga Hertz 09-14-2017 06:05 PM

I meant to post this a while back, but I used it the other day at Church. It played really well, sounded amazing and was all around pleasant. Definitely like it a lot more than my old one!

Ben Toast 09-16-2017 10:44 AM

I'd love to hear some recorded samples of this bass dude. I've heard good things about them.