Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   who is the best Christian drummer? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t22380/)

Tup 04-05-2002 11:47 AM

Um.........slipped my mind

Um.......Yeah, I havent been here in a while. IT slipped my mind but i would have to say the drummer from Tree63. and have yall heard t-bone, Hes got some great beats in some of his songs.

Insane Drummer 04-05-2002 11:49 AM

oh yeah tree 63.... he is like obbssed witrh his splash cymbal.... have you ever seen them live.. he is awesome live... he like stands up and walks in front of his drum kit like play on the toms and cymbals.... its awesome...... he like jumps up alot and at the end of every song like walks around the kit or something weird like that.....

Unregistered 04-05-2002 11:53 AM

BEST DRUMMER!!

Best Christian drummer?? It's a tie between Ted Kirpatrick of Tourniquet & Tim Waterson, the Fastest Feet in the world!!!! Tim has the record for 1407 beats in 60 seconds playing doubles on a double pedal!!!!!!

+Donny 04-05-2002 10:50 PM

umm, sorry, but foot speed doesnt make a drummer

buddy rich was fast, but he had other amazing characteristics

Xkcer Man 04-05-2002 11:07 PM

Buddy Rich was just an all-around nice guy.

+Donny 04-05-2002 11:16 PM

i just watched a video on him, that guy was AMAZING

i swear, i can play at least 40000000 times faster than me... AND he has some very rythmic stuff

though i dont like that little splash cymbal on his set..

cole 04-05-2002 11:18 PM

Andrew Vercarrdi or something like that. He is from five iron frenzy. Wuv i like his new stuff on satalite.

Xkcer Man 04-05-2002 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donny
i swear, i can play at least 40000000 times faster than me...
Just make sure you don't outdo yourself. :ktongue:

HeavenOnAStick 04-05-2002 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cole
Andrew Vercarrdi or something like that. He is from five iron frenzy. Wuv i like his new stuff on satalite.
Andrew Verdecchio, he is GOOD, I don't know about the best though

+Donny 04-05-2002 11:22 PM

ooooooohhh

that was cold

but after watching him, i found out that playing that old school big band/jazz type drumming(actually, mainly his solos) is FUN!

i love doing it, and it increases your speed:)

ThisIsDex 04-05-2002 11:55 PM

i like jesse smith from zao

+Donny 04-06-2002 12:16 AM

ugh

the drummers are good, i dont like their "singing" though

CymbalicGesture 04-07-2002 07:54 PM

The best Christian drummer... hum... I don't know for sure, but Wuv is good- especially on the new CD. There is a guy out there though in a Christian band that is very talented. Look for him in the future. His name is Randy Shreve of GS Megaphone. His band is made up of himself and his brother, Ben, on bass, and two other guitarists. You can here them play just about anytime the Christian Motorcyclists have a major rally. Not only is he a great drummer, but he is sowing back into the lives of other drummers. He has made two instructional videos to help teach some of his techniques to others and to give them a Christian perspective on drumming. His band tours all over the country and has a lot of venues through the Christian Motorcyclists Association. They also tour on their own with a youth evangelist. If you guys ever get a chance to see GS Megaphone or buy their CD (self-titled) I guarantee you'll be blessed by it!

Insane Drummer 04-08-2002 12:38 PM

i might download some of there stuff and check them out..

Unregistered 04-08-2002 02:08 PM

anybody listen to EastWest?
their drummer is purty good