Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Current Events (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f225/)
-   -   The Trump Presidency (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t218605/)

Almost Enough 05-12-2017 11:37 AM

The Trump Presidency

A lot has happened. Then un-happened. Then happened. And other stuff has possibly happened but maybe not. But probably.

Perhaps one thread to rule them all?

Leboman 05-12-2017 11:55 AM

Exactly what sort of response are you trying to elicit?

Pro?

Con?

Given that I have absolutely no faith in the politics of man I assume that Trump (like all those before) will do some good and do some evil.

Sovereign God is still on His throne so there is only so much damage one man can do.

Or...are you simply suggesting anything about Trump be placed here? If so, I would be inclined to agree.

:)

Almost Enough 05-12-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leboman (Post 3943663)
Exactly what sort of response are you trying to elicit?

Pro?

Con?

Given that I have absolutely no faith in the politics of man I assume that Trump (like all those before) will do some good and do some evil.

Sovereign God is still on His throne so there is only so much damage one man can do.

Or...are you simply suggesting anything about Trump be placed here? If so, I would be inclined to agree.

:)

The last remark is correct.

I've been wanting to post threads about events and issues surrounding the President but they seem to be coming so rapid-fire it would be pointless to try to maintain individual threads.

I'm by no means Trump supporter but I'm a strong supporter of level-headed discussion about issues, policies, facts, and speculation.

Leboman 05-12-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Enough (Post 3943664)
The last remark is correct.

I've been wanting to post threads about events and issues surrounding the President but they seem to be coming so rapid-fire it would be pointless to try to maintain individual threads.

I'm by no means Trump supporter but I'm a strong supporter of level-headed discussion about issues, policies, facts, and speculation.

Makes sense to me.

DaGeek 05-31-2017 09:40 AM

I'm more disheartened than I thought I would be over President Trump's expected decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement. This movement toward removing hindrances from dumping toxins and garbage into the water and air is really frustrating me. While there is certainly some feeling within the U.S. that we've let ourselves go as a country and need to make ourselves better (doing all I can to avoid his campaign slogan while still recognizing that we're not the strong growth country we once were GDP-wise and good-paying-job-wise), this feels like a step in the wrong direction. We're basically spitting on the earth and saying it doesn't matter if we preserve it long-term, because we'll have a better economy for a while.

Ugh.

Am I just overreacting? Is there something about the Paris Accord that we should get out of that I just am not seeing?

Almost Enough 05-31-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGeek (Post 3944568)
I'm more disheartened than I thought I would be over President Trump's expected decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement. This movement toward removing hindrances from dumping toxins and garbage into the water and air is really frustrating me. While there is certainly some feeling within the U.S. that we've let ourselves go as a country and need to make ourselves better (doing all I can to avoid his campaign slogan while still recognizing that we're not the strong growth country we once were GDP-wise and good-paying-job-wise), this feels like a step in the wrong direction. We're basically spitting on the earth and saying it doesn't matter if we preserve it long-term, because we'll have a better economy for a while.

Ugh.

Am I just overreacting? Is there something about the Paris Accord that we should get out of that I just am not seeing?

I wonder if his move is not so much anti-climate change as much as it is posturing to try and show that America doesn't need to be bound by any other country, if that makes sense. That has been a very common thread in a lot of his rhetoric and his decision making (his remarks about the Germans, his remarks about NATO, etc.).

That said I find it very disheartening. Even industry leaders and representatives supported the Paris climate agreement.

jthomas1600 05-31-2017 06:04 PM

I see through your thinly veiled attempt to start a neutral discussion about the current president. These kinds of threads are not started (here or on any other forum) for fair and balanced discussion. In the very rare instances when that is the intention they quickly degenerate into mudslinging.... just like politics in general.

I propose a title that would more truly reflect the intention, or at least the reality, of what this thread will become is "Let's talk about the Trump Train Wreck".

Imma go get my popcorn and see what happens.

Giuseppe 06-01-2017 11:42 AM

The presidency has been very well covfefed

TheFrenzy 10-10-2017 02:02 PM

What a bizarre man.

Leboman 10-10-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFrenzy (Post 3962207)
What a bizarre man.

As has been every President in my lifetime.

Dr. Thrunk 10-10-2017 05:09 PM

Well, I guess that is kinda true.

But, I dont think any has quite been as strange, uncouth, or as bad and pervasive with their lies.

Leboman 10-10-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk (Post 3962217)
Well, I guess that is kinda true.

But, I dont think any has quite been as strange, uncouth, or as bad and pervasive with their lies.

Richard Nixon? Resigned before they could impeach him.

Ronald Reagan? Former actor who consulted an astrologer while President.

Bill Clinton? Actually was impeached by the House of Representatives.

I may have to respectfully disagree.

:D

Dr. Thrunk 10-10-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leboman (Post 3962219)

I forgot how old you were :P

Leboman 10-10-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk (Post 3962222)
I forgot how old you were :P

I didn't even mention Southern Baptist peanut farmer Jimmy Carter.

jthomas1600 10-10-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leboman (Post 3962219)

Speaking of quirky, uncouth, and vulgar politicians: You can't forget the Kennedy's.

But, to the poster you were replying to: Yes, Trump is a bizarre president.