Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Current Events (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f225/)
-   -   U.S. Election 2016 (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t211888/)

athanatos 07-25-2015 04:04 PM

U.S. Election 2016

Too soon?

What do you think about the candidates on either side?

I am quite happy that Hillary and Bernie are running, as they seem like they could be strong contenders. The former will almost certainly get the nomination. The latter basically would make us become Sweden with miltary might. Why the heck is Biden running?

I am unsure what to think of the Republican party. I think since there is no outstanding candidate, everyone realized that the bar has been set really low and just about anyone has a good chance. That said, Trump needs to leave. Now. Why are Perry, Santorum, Huckabee or Cruz running? I see no reason why they should garner national support in any significant way.

I'm happy Rand is running, but I am unsure if he is worth investing in.

slap_j 07-25-2015 05:53 PM

I like Bernie but I also think Hillary will get the nomination. In which case I will probably just write someone in.

I am really enjoying Donald Trump's presence thus far. I would like to see him run third party so he can be involved in the presidential debates. Bush and Clinton are extremely boring.

Dr. Thrunk 07-25-2015 06:49 PM

I'm holding out for Obama 2016!

Let's go for one more round!

athanatos 07-25-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slap_j (Post 3894159)
I like Bernie but I also think Hillary will get the nomination. In which case I will probably just write someone in.

I am really enjoying Donald Trump's presence thus far. I would like to see him run third party so he can be involved in the presidential debates. Bush and Clinton are extremely boring.

Do you really think Jeb will make it to a debate with Hillary?

Trump should run third party. Like Ross Perot.

And as soon as I google that, someone has already made the comparison.
How Donald Trump Could Fall Into the Ross Perot Trap - The Daily Beast

S.B.Nichols 07-25-2015 07:35 PM

Trump running as an independent basically assures a Hillary presidency. Horrible idea. After 8 miserable years of Obama we don't need to just let Clinton lie and manipulate her way into the Oval Office.

athanatos 07-25-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols (Post 3894162)
Trump running as an independent basically assures a Hillary presidency.

Exactly.

slap_j 07-25-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanatos (Post 3894161)
Do you really think Jeb will make it to a debate with Hillary?

I think so. Can't be entirely certain so early in the race but who else is even on the horizon? Maybe Ted Cruz but I don't see him doing as well in a general election as Jeb. And have you seen how much money the man is raising? It's insane. Way more than any GOP competition. Way more than Hillary.

Quote:

And as soon as I google that, someone has already made the comparison.
How Donald Trump Could Fall Into the Ross Perot Trap - The Daily Beast
Trump strikes me as being more savvy than Perot. But it all comes down to whether he thinks he has a legitimate chance. I don't think he does. But he might think he does.

Art 07-26-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slap_j (Post 3894159)

My understanding is that a third party can only be in a debate if they are polling over 15% nationally. Do you think Trump meets that as a third party?

BillSPrestonEsq 07-26-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art (Post 3894192)
My understanding is that a third party can only be in a debate if they are polling over 15% nationally. Do you think Trump meets that as a third party?

He might. Celebrity goes a long way.

Art 07-26-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq (Post 3894195)

He might. Celebrity goes a long way.

Good point. I'm sure you remember The Governator as well as I do.

slap_j 07-27-2015 12:03 PM

lol: Donald Trump is trolling the Republican Party

thesteve 07-27-2015 03:37 PM

I'm in for Trump as third party, but only if Sanders runs as fourth party.

normajean777 07-27-2015 09:28 PM

I like Trump. I think if he had foregone a few of the ridiculous points he made out of the gate and a few later, he could have been a great candidate! He has some great points about being a great financial manager and such.

I just can't figure out why he would decide to make comments that would shoot himself in the foot. He's smart enough to know that division will win some but not enough!

slap_j 07-27-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by normajean777 (Post 3894237)
I just can't figure out why he would decide to make comments that would shoot himself in the foot. He's smart enough to know that division will win some but not enough!

Check this out: Trump Beat Back the Outrage Machine - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Who knows? Maybe Trump's defiance will work as a strategy. I have serious doubts but I don't think it's a total impossibility.

Almost Enough 07-27-2015 11:46 PM

lolTrump