Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Site Issues & Questions (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f6/)
-   -   Moderator Requests (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t211301/)

Leboman 04-14-2015 10:10 AM

Moderator Requests

Here is the thread for all requests.

Here are the requirements set down for being a moderator.
  • You must have been a member of the CGR Boards for at least 3 months.
  • You must have at least 500 posts.
  • You must have read the guidelines for moderators and state such in your request thread.
  • You must profess faith in Jesus Christ and state such in your request thread. (If, for whatever reason, you cease to profess faith in Christ, you are obligated to inform the administration and step down from your post.)
  • Additionally, you must adhere to the three ecumenical creeds (Apostles', Nicene, Athanasian) that are the standards of orthodoxy for the universal Church.
  • High traffic forums typically require that a user be over the age of 18.
  • Find a forum that needs an additional moderator. Most forums typically have two moderators, though high-traffic or volatile forums may have three or four.
  • Each member is limited to a total of 4 forums, under normal circumstances.
  • All moderator requests must receive a referral from one of the current Super Moderators. Administrators may refer too, but it will be the primary duty of the SMs to do this.
  • All moderator decisions can be overruled, if deemed necessary, by an SM or an administrator. All moderator requests are subject to the approval of the administrative staff, and can be revoked if deemed necessary.
  • No moderator position will be filled for at least 3 days from the initial request for the position. This will allow for other users to request the same position if they so desire, and for us to select between them. Requests are not filled on a first come, first served basis.
  • Once appointed, moderators may be removed for inactivity. If any moderator does not post on the boards for a consecutive period of a month, they will probably be removed from their moderator position. Furthermore, if a moderator does not show activity in the forums they moderate, they will probably be removed from their position.

Anyone requesting a moderator position who does not meet the above requirements will have their request denied.

Giga Hertz 07-29-2017 04:48 AM

So... General Discussion seems to be exploding at the moment, in particular off hours for most Admins, and there's no mods currently attached to it. I'd like to offer a hand there.

I definitely meet the requirements already, and reaffirm my faith in Jesus.

dogfood 07-29-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga Hertz
So... General Discussion seems to be exploding at the moment, in particular off hours for most Admins, and there's no mods currently attached to it. I'd like to offer a hand there. I definitely meet the requirements already, and reaffirm my faith in Jesus.

yeah me too

Homer Simpson 07-29-2017 08:57 PM

I'm pretty sure this could just be solved by creating a Captcha to new signups... :-/

Mara 07-29-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsaactheSyrian (Post 3950059)
I'm pretty sure this could just be solved by creating a Captcha to new signups... :-/

There is one.

DaGeek 07-30-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

So... General Discussion seems to be exploding at the moment, in particular off hours for most Admins, and there's no mods currently attached to it. I'd like to offer a hand there. I definitely meet the requirements already, and reaffirm my faith in Jesus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogfood
yeah me too

Ref

Homer Simpson 07-30-2017 10:54 PM

I'd like to do my part to clear up the annoying spam too, if an extra hand is needed.

I profess my faith in Jesus Christ and in the Orthodox Catholic faith once delivered to the saints and handed down by the Apostles.

Giga Hertz 08-14-2017 12:39 AM

So... any thoughts? Decisions?

dogfood 08-14-2017 02:44 AM

Quote:

So... any thoughts? Decisions?

apparently your deputy pm is a kiwi

dogfood 11-06-2018 11:46 AM

I would like to Mod EPF, I’ve been on CGR for over 6 months, have a little over 500 posts, and have banned twice.
I profess a faith in Jesus Christ and adher to the Westminster confession.

I can also play the guitar.
And is currently in at least two bands.

Giuseppe 11-06-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogfood (Post 3977165)
have banned twice.

I demand to hear these stories

Toast 11-06-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe (Post 3977174)

Ref

Giga Hertz 11-06-2018 03:43 PM

I would like to co-mod EPF. I'm sure my impressive resume and faith in Jesus and what not speaks for itself.

Maybe an Australian dollar could persuade you...

dogfood 11-06-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe (Post 3977174)

Leboman did it for for some unknown reason, probably Dementia. And Pauler did it once when I once typed in Russian in CPF and banned my ip as a spammer.

Giuseppe 11-07-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga Hertz (Post 3977188)
I would like to co-mod EPF. I'm sure my impressive resume and faith in Jesus and what not speaks for itself.

And your humility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_mbZ63WCA

Toast 11-07-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga Hertz (Post 3977188)

+1 vote. As much as I joke about his lack of power, he's a cool dude and a solid mod.

Giga Hertz 11-07-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Groot (Post 3977236)
+1 vote. As much as I joke about his lack of power, he's a cool dude and a solid mod.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1woC1r...NMbx/giphy.gif

Giuseppe 11-08-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga Hertz (Post 3977275)

*me when I get a hug*

Toast 11-08-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giga Hertz (Post 3977275)

D'aawwww. But really, ref for GHz.