Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Christian Music (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f8/)
-   -   Christian Alternatives To Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, & More (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t210965/)

Laturus 03-11-2015 07:26 PM

Christian Alternatives To Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, & More

Ok, yes, I happen to love Chevelle. I searched a lot for a christian alternative for them. I also love hard rock, alternative metal, nu metal, & post-grunge(like Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and more). I happen to know Breaking Benjamin, Incubus, Three Days Grace, Soundgarden, Tool, Seether, Staind, and many more. If you do a good christian substitute for Chevelle, please let me know. I would also like to know what your favorite hard rock band is and maybe if you know any good christian hard rock bands :). I'll also tell you some christian hard rock bands I know :). Thanks.

athanatos 03-11-2015 09:22 PM

I thought Chevelle was a Christian radiohead

Laturus 03-11-2015 09:49 PM

Oh, I thought they were not. The songs I know are Send The Pain Below(I absolutely love this song, still, looking for a christian substitute for this band, if anyone, ANYONE, please find one), The Clincher, Vitamin R, Another Know It All, Breech Birth, The Fad, I Get It, Hats Off To The Bull, Face To The Floor, & Same Old Trip. I never thought they were Christian. I know many other christian hard rock bands but I never thought they sound just like Chevelle. What I'm saying is are there any christian substitutes for Chevelle? Ok, Thanks

Agoodname22 03-11-2015 10:15 PM

Red is pretty good. Norma Jean, Thrice, and Relient K are all pretty good as well.

thesteve 03-12-2015 12:55 AM

Chevelle was the Christian market's answer to the Deftones and/or Tool, but after they hit it big they (supposedly...iirc) renounced their faith.

I would recommend checking out Blindside, Emery and Underoath.

Dr. Thrunk 03-12-2015 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesteve (Post 3870849)
Chevelle was the Christian market's answer to the Deftones and/or Tool, but after they hit it big they (supposedly...iirc) renounced their faith.

According to Wikipedia they all are Christians of some sort, but don't really consider themselves to be a Christian band. Apparently them being labeled as such was a mistake due to who they originally signed with for their first record.

athanatos 03-12-2015 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesteve (Post 3870849)

Sorry, yes. Tool, not Radiohead.

derp

thesteve 03-12-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash (Post 3870855)
According to Wikipedia they all are Christians of some sort, but don't really consider themselves to be a Christian band. Apparently them being labeled as such was a mistake due to who they originally signed with for their first record.

Ah...I just remember there being a bunch of drama when they started getting a ton of airplay on VH1.

Laturus 03-12-2015 10:01 AM

Well, I know red. I like them a lot. I've known them like Chevelle. I also know Deftones. I've know Emery too. Well, I hear Chevelle's Point 1 was christian. I'm a very hard rock addict. I know many many many hard rock bands. I heard about Thrice. Do they have any hard rock styles or are they good? Another band I've searched hard for a christian substitute is Breaking Benjamin. I know their albums were Saturate, We Are Not Alone, Phobia, Dear Agony, & Shallow Bay(Greatest Hits). I'm mainly searching for very good hard rock christian bands. Thanks to everyone for those choices :). Ok, thanks

Laturus 03-12-2015 10:06 AM

I actually know Blindside :). I like them. I hear they're from Sweden. Underoath & Norma Jean are ok. Oh, and have you heard 10 Years? They have mellow but awesome hard rock guitar styles. I know them well too. Ok, thanks, Laturus

Leboman 03-12-2015 10:08 AM

They're not around anymore (at least I don't think they are) but Stavesacre had elements that reminded me of Tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBusZtgK-Y0

Laturus 03-12-2015 10:13 AM

Oh and one more thing, come check out my blog if you can, christianhardrockguy.wordpress :) thanks, rock on Christians, Laturus.

Leboman 03-12-2015 10:18 AM

This thread has inspired me to play some Stavesacre.

Laturus 03-12-2015 10:29 AM

Dang, so many hard rock bands. Love that good guitar :). Chevelle has been my favorite for a long time. My most favorite song is Sent The Pain Below. Oh, if you like tool, check out a band called Sacred. Ok, thanks. Laturus.

Laturus 03-12-2015 12:45 PM

Hey, does anyone know a site where I could type in a secular hard rock band & get back a list of christian hard rock bands that might sound like them. I'm just asking. Ok, thanks, Laturus