Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Theology (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f456/)
-   -   Sermons/Podcasts: What Are You Listening To? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t198962/)

Leboman 06-01-2012 05:56 AM

Sermons/Podcasts: What Are You Listening To?

Someone suggested this and I think it is a great idea.

Dr. Thrunk 06-01-2012 07:11 AM

I don't listen to many. Nonetheless, most recently I have stayed up with William Lane Craig's Defenders Podcast.

dogfood 06-01-2012 03:10 PM

ah nice, good idea

John Piper
David Wilkerson

TunerSteve 06-01-2012 03:21 PM

Recently I have begun to download/listen to Bob Coy from The Active Word website. I would recommend highly. They have archives going back quite far, and they are free for an mp3 download.

athanatos 06-01-2012 07:54 PM

Most recent to least:

Voddie Baucham
John Piper
Tim Keller
Scott Crosby
Matt Chandler

Leboman 06-02-2012 05:46 AM

I regularly watch Francis Chan's sermons online.

bravesfan007 06-04-2012 07:08 AM

Here it goes and I know I'm probably forgetting some, but this is just what I have on my phone at the moment:

The Courtesy Laugh
Elevation Church
Liberty University Campus Church
LifeChurch.tv
NewSpring Church
Passion City Church

Of course, I have John Piper and Greg Laurie and quite a few more at home on the computer, but these are the ones that are currently on my phone.

dogfood 06-04-2012 01:19 PM

Jackie Pullinger

RipVanWinkle 06-04-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravesfan007 (Post 3732668)
Here it goes and I know I'm probably forgetting some, but this is just what I have on my phone at the moment:

The Courtesy Laugh
Elevation Church
Liberty University Campus Church
LifeChurch.tv
NewSpring Church
Passion City Church

Of course, I have John Piper and Greg Laurie and quite a few more at home on the computer, but these are the ones that are currently on my phone.

Are you serious?! I did the artwork for The Courtesy Laugh!!

bravesfan007 06-05-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle (Post 3732751)
Are you serious?! I did the artwork for The Courtesy Laugh!!

Hahaha. Yes, I am serious. I live for Knox's Monday Morning Meatloaf and the rest of the guys make for some interesting blog posts and conversation.

RipVanWinkle 06-05-2012 10:44 AM

Thats crazy. I'm friends with Jared. I'm the youth pastor at the church he last served at... I took his job :). We still talk quite often and have gone to conferences and stuff together.

ICallHimTurtle 06-05-2012 11:35 AM

My old college church, The Stirring, does podcasts. They're the only ones I listen lately because they're not super boring and I miss my old pastor and his family. If you check it out, my favorite's are pretty much anything by Nate Edwardson.

Almost Enough 06-05-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICallHimTurtle (Post 3732913)
My old college church, The Stirring, does podcasts. They're the only ones I listen lately because they're not super boring and I miss my old pastor and his family. If you check it out, my favorite's are pretty much anything by Nate Edwardson.

wat.

I am in Redding. How long ago did you go there? I know people on staff there, and used to attend when it was at Risen King.

dogfood 06-05-2012 07:50 PM

if this thread was full of new zealanders, everyone would be related to each other.

Ted Logan 06-05-2012 08:03 PM

I rarely listen to sermons except by my pastor. I have theological reservations about the modern evangelical obsession with listening to "superstar" preachers. It has less to do with the sermons and more to do with the elevation of preachers with whom we have no relationship.

Obviously, my collection of sermons by Spurgeon, Lloyd-Jones, Calvin, and the Early Church Fathers means I'd better not have a problem with reading/hearing other peoples' sermons. But in our particular time and place, I think we've done serious damage to the local church and serious damage to our own ability to hear and respect our "non-superstar" pastors by elevating the work of others.

So I love to read books on preaching, I took every masters level preaching course offered at Trinity, and I even recently started listening to Bryan Chapell's introductory preaching seminary course online (sort of like auditing the first course I ever took all over again). But I almost never listen to an online sermon.