Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   What is the most versatile electric guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t194970/)

CheshireCat 09-06-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq (Post 3677797)
Or put in the LR Baggs Piezo system to increase the quality of the acoustic sound. The hexpander is a lot more expensive, and this way you would get it all with only one replaced component.

Good point. I'm not terribly familiar with the LR Baggs products.

Chesh

gtrdave 09-06-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnstein (Post 3677693)
I played one of these a couple of weeks ago. FenderŪ Products

Wow. It could do about anything. The whole system is really pretty simple and effective. If I had to have one guitar that could "do it all" this would be it. The acoustic sound is horrid but that's the only real objection I have to the thing.

Ummm...this one has been around for years...

Godin Guitars

CheshireCat 09-08-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrdave (Post 3677815)
Ummm...this one has been around for years...

Godin Guitars

Very interesting . . . but, tell me, do the knobs go up to 11?

(wait for it . . . wait for it . . .)

Chesh

martinedwards 09-08-2011 02:20 AM

can you actually BUY knobs that go up to 11?

I'd love a few!

Stratopastor 09-08-2011 03:43 AM

ta-daaaaa

DiMarzio Speed Knob Replacement 1-11: Shop Accessories & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

gtrdave 09-08-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheshireCat (Post 3678190)
Very interesting . . . but, tell me, do the knobs go up to 11?

(wait for it . . . wait for it . . .)

Chesh

Why not just make 10 the loudest?

daddyo 09-08-2011 07:11 AM

My tele doesn't have "goes up to" knobs. It must not be very loud.

I think the strat is the most versatile, it's definatley the most copied.

jeepnstein 09-08-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3678227)
My tele doesn't have "goes up to" knobs. It must not be very loud.

Like the driving laws in Italy. They have a speed limit, but nobody has been able to hit it yet.

Total Loss of Hearing

That's what happens when you turn the knob too far.

ibanez_dude 09-08-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnstein

Like the driving laws in Italy. They have a speed limit, but nobody has been able to hit it yet.

Total Loss of Hearing

What the heeckk? Lol :D

daddyo 09-12-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnstein (Post 3678300)
Total Loss of Hearing

So I guess the most versatile guitar is some way involved with pest control. I haven't noticed any rodents around my house with my Teles. Then again I have a cat.

CheshireCat 09-15-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3679561)
So I guess the most versatile guitar is some way involved with pest control. I haven't noticed any rodents around my house with my Teles. Then again I have a cat.

Or if your particular style of guitar playing sounds like a cat caterwauling, that might work.

Okay, here's a challenge:

Versatility: Maximum bang for the buck. What do you guys think?

And how do we define "versatility"?

Chesh

daddyo 09-15-2011 04:24 AM

Maximum bang for the buck would be Ibanez guitars in general. Personally I don't bond with them very well.

Personal versatility is what guitar I can get the most out of. That would be a modified Tele. I think Fender is overrated and I suspect price gouging. Bye Bye bang for buck. Road worn? come on.

ibanez_dude 09-15-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheshireCat

Or if your particular style of guitar playing sounds like a cat caterwauling, that might work.

Okay, here's a challenge:

Versatility: Maximum bang for the buck. What do you guys think?

Chesh

if we're going with this definition, I'm gonna go with my Les Paul. $300 plus neck pup switch gives me everything from crunchy bright humbucker tone to mellow P90ish tone in the neck

lifesglorydead 09-15-2011 11:24 PM

The Squier Classic Vibe series (Tele in particular) gets best combination of versatility and value in my book. Although I'd probably build a guitar from Squier/GFS/Fender parts for $350 before spending the same on a CV, and I'd probably end up with some I'd be happier with (which just happens to be a project I'm in the middle of right now). But yeah.

DennyBob 09-16-2011 06:10 AM

Maximum bang for the buck - PRS SE series.

I owned a USA PRS McCarty, which I never bonded with despite the fine craftsmanship, so I went back to a Les Paul.

But I was in GC one day and tried the PRS SE and was blown away at the quality, playability and tone from a $500-$600 guitar. Especially the Singlecut SE.