Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   What is the most versatile electric guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t194970/)

S.B.Nichols 09-17-2011 10:59 AM

to understand...

daddyo 09-17-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols (Post 3681180)
to understand...

What is it you want to understand?

S.B.Nichols 09-17-2011 11:40 AM

nothing at all, I think I've got it.

telecasting 09-17-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols
to understand...

Me too. As Chesh was asking what we thought was the best guitar on a budget, based not really on an individual preference but more generally the equipment on the guitar and the build quality, the discussion moved towards looking at the entirely objective view of what guitar gives you for the money, regardless of name or body shape.

I think I personally was slightly surprised by one or two of the comments about a few guitar manufacturers that was both ambiguous and perhaps unfair about Godins and a few other guitars.

So, please help us understand why you don't like Godin guitars. Is it down to the aesthetic? Is it the feel of the necks/the finish? Is it something that we can objectively understand, because if it's more subjective, a few more IMOs might help others looking at this board differentiate between your subjective opinion and objective debate about the merits of certain guitars.

FWIW I also am not a big fan of vastly different guitar shapes, and if do end up getting a second electric I'll most likely get an LP copy, but I can see that it's my opinion about guitar shapes and a preference for certain brands, but IMO this board isn't the place to make sure everyone knows that.

Leboman 09-17-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3681173)
No thanks guys, You go ahead with your First Act and Godin and I'll stick to my Fenders and Epiphone.

Ironically...the only two electrics I currently own are an Epiphone and a Squier.

:rofl:

daddyo 09-17-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telecasting (Post 3681188)
I think I personally was slightly surprised by one or two of the comments about a few guitar manufacturers that was both ambiguous and perhaps unfair about Godins and a few other guitars..

aaawwwww The poor defenseless manufacturers I do humbley apologize. What ever would we do if they got their feelings hurt. Sorry Godin but I won't be buying you machine built hunks of wood and plastic. :sadyep:

S.B.Nichols 09-17-2011 01:59 PM

As opposed to Fender's machine built hunks of wood and plastic? Or Gibson? Or PRS?

It's just not very consistent....

telecasting 09-17-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3681212)
aaawwwww The poor defenseless manufacturers I do humbley apologize. What ever would we do if they got their feelings hurt. Sorry Godin but I won't be buying you machine built hunks of wood and plastic. :sadyep:

That feels a little flippant, and in the context of the discussion I'm not sure that helps anyone understand where you're coming from. I'm not particularly defending Godin and your issue with Godin clearly is something that we're not going to persuade you on.

I'm not that bothered about wanting you to like them, so perhaps we can talk about versatile, bang for the buck guitars again.

daddyo 09-17-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols (Post 3681215)
As opposed to Fender's machine built hunks of wood and plastic? Or Gibson? Or PRS?

It's just not very consistent....

Accually I am opposed to all of them and claim loyalty to none. Like I stated earlier in this thread I don't have much love for self serving corperations. Youy seem to want to build this into something it's not. I don't think I want to play anymore. The name implies Christian Guitar forum but I guess its, what manufacturer you worship.

S.B.Nichols 09-17-2011 03:25 PM

People are just asking you questions. You've stated a strong very opinion and are being asked to back it up. Any forum on the internet would do the same.

....but, ok. If you don't want to participate you're not being forced to.

thesteve 09-17-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3681173)
I didn't know that PRS made a bass but go ahead and avoid them if you don't like them.

As far as I know they don't. I was talking about their guitars. I do like the looks of the Starla and Mira.

telecasting 09-17-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo

Accually I am opposed to all of them and claim loyalty to none. Like I stated earlier in this thread I don't have much love for self serving corperations. Youy seem to want to build this into something it's not. I don't think I want to play anymore. The name implies Christian Guitar forum but I guess its, what manufacturer you worship.

I'm unhappy that it's how comments have come across, and let's not let this get in the way of the way in which this is a forum in which a very different style of communication comes across compared to any other forum.

I don't want you to feel forced out of the forum, but it would be helpful for everyone that comments are well thought out so that they communicate something clearly, which includes where you give your opinion.

Finally, please don't feel that this is some witchhunt about you. It's not at all.

gtrdave 09-17-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3681098)
You're taking it kind of personaly ain't cha?

No, not at all. It's all just information gathering and learning new things about people to me. :)
I don't think that you're a bad guy or anything, don't get me wrong, but you just seem to be another internet guy that I know who has a differing opinion on something...which I have no problem with at all...but then gets offended when your opinion is the least bit challenged.

If you think that Godin guitars are equal to First Act guitars, so be it. Your hands and ears are obviously very different from probably hundreds of thousands of other people who would hold a different opinion.

Leboman 09-17-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyo (Post 3681225)

You know...the sarcasm and arrogance are really unnecessary. They don't help you make your point at all.

gtrdave 09-17-2011 06:13 PM

It's probably time to divert the thread back to its original topic or close it.
imho...