Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   What are your musical infulences? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t19248/)

Charlie Duncan 02-21-2002 06:41 PM

What are your musical infulences?

Hey,
What are your musical infulences? Some of mine are jennifer Knapp, eli, shaun groves, and Bebo Norman.

Scott 02-24-2002 02:22 PM

radiohead, pink floyd, the doors. these are the major ones, lots and lots more.

Singin4Him82 02-26-2002 04:00 PM

Mine are Cindy Morgan, Susan Ashton, Twila Paris, Sara Groves, Faith Hill, Jennifer Knapp, Bebo Norman and my favorite Rich Mullins!

TheImprinted 03-01-2002 02:49 PM

Ummm...

Five Iron Frenzy, Jars Of Clay, PFR, U2, Caedmon's Call, Jennifer Knapp, Madison Greene, Hangnail, Breathing Machine, Rich Mullins, Third Day, and pretty much everything else I listen to influences me in some way...

I'd also have to say that my mom, my past and present music teachers, and all of my musican friends have musically influenced me just as much as any of those bands/artists, if not more so.

RunningOnEmpty 03-03-2002 02:51 PM

vocally speaking....

Ginny Owens, Nichole Nordeman, Susan Ashton, Cindy Morgan, Crystal Lewis, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Michael English (I know, I know - but he has an awesome voice)

I've been told I sound like Karen Carpenter (I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or compliment!:D )

Josh 03-04-2002 08:50 AM

Probably right now I'd have to say: Switchfoot, Train, Vertical Horizon.... maybe some others I can't think of.

Josh

Lilole`me 03-04-2002 10:45 PM

heehee, yes!! I started one of these threads ages ago... I like seeing when people think the same way as me...anywaaaaaaaaay...

My biggest musical influence is Twila Paris. My sister says that I kind of write songs with the same style as her. I also think I have the same style voice. Not as good as hers, but hey, I try :kgrin:

I have some others too, but I can't think right now lol.

God's blessings,
Melissa

meli147 03-08-2002 12:57 PM

Influences

My influences are Crystal Lewis, Jaci Velasquez, Rebecca St. James, Nicole C. Mullen, Third Day, Darlene Zchech, and some hispanic singers, like Yadira, Jesus Adrian Romero, Marcos witt, and Marcos Barrientos. A lot right?

zoe r 03-10-2002 10:23 PM

I have tried my whole life not to be influenced, you know, so I could be original. And then people are like, "O! that reminds me of such and such!" :kduh:

Anywayskies, whether I like it or not, subconciously or not, I'm mostly influenced by radiohead, the cream, delirious, and most likely lots more.

vocally, I WISH i could sound like sarah masen. she's just dreamy. But people've compared me more to leigh nash and ginny owens, sometimes rebecca st james or taylor hanson. :kduh:

Strider 03-10-2002 10:24 PM

I guess my vocal influences would be Clay Crosse, Guy Penrod, Jonathan Pierce, Michael English and BeBe Winans.

Lowe_Dawg55 03-11-2002 02:11 PM

Wow, if some of the people on here actually had the variety of influences that they mentioned, we got some real talent. ( I didn't mean that to sound like I'm critisizing, I believe you all).

My instrumental influences come basically from my parents. They taught me the basics on everything I know how to play. My singing style comes probably from Dave Matthews, but the voice "texture" probably comes from Darryl Evans or Shane Bernard.

LOWEDAWG55

xJustinx 03-12-2002 07:11 PM

Mark Soloman from Stavesacre, Reese Roper from Five Iron Frenzy, Joel from Ghoti Hook(rip), the guy from die radio die, Kurt Cobain from Nirvana, Billy Corgan from the Smaching Pumpkins, Pete Loefler from Chevelle, and Josh Kemble from Dogwood.

magidude 03-12-2002 07:18 PM

I'm a guitarist, so I lean towards guitar music:
SRV, Led Zeppelin, Cream, the Allman Brothers

But I also write songs:
Bob Dylan (who can play guitar really well when he tries), Jennifer Knapp, Third Day (for guitars some too), and Coldplay

All around:

the BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxBaTmaNxX 03-12-2002 07:20 PM

uhhhh rancid anti-flag officer negative ace troubleshooter and uhhhhhh mxpx and uhhhh lots and lots more

Eric. M ^_~ 03-12-2002 07:44 PM

clapton,page,santana,wylde,slash,mark tremonti,jose fleilicaico,mike enzinger,kirk hammet,mike mushock(melody not a big fan of nu-metel)mxpx,thirdday,dc-talk,anyone who can play slide,the eagles,nickelback,lifehouse,and almost everybody around me.:D