Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   It Might Get Loud (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t183839/)

Reuben 12-30-2009 06:31 AM

It Might Get Loud

Wasn't sure whether to post this in here or in Movies. Mods can move it if it needs to be.

Anyway, I've been waiting a while for this to come out on DVD so I could see it. A very entertaining documentary about the electric guitar, through the eyes of Jack White, the Edge, and Jimmy Page. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

One of my favorite scenes is when Jimmy Page demonstrates the intro to "Whole Lotta Love" to White and the Edge. They both look as giddy as little kids on Christmas day about to open their presents.

+reuben

gtrdave 12-30-2009 06:49 AM

Cool.
I gotta see it.

bravesfan007 12-30-2009 09:07 AM

I saw the trailer to this on Hulu sometime ago and had actually forgot about it until you brought it up. Is the movie out already?

gtrdave 12-30-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravesfan007 (Post 3504770)
I saw the trailer to this on Hulu sometime ago and had actually forgot about it until you brought it up. Is the movie out already?

It's been in and out of the theaters and is now available on DVD/BluRay/On Demand/etc...

ibanez_dude 12-30-2009 11:43 AM

I've seen short sections of it, and it looks fantastic.

mulletman 12-30-2009 11:51 AM

Sounds cool.....

.... but three of my least favorite guitar players. Yeesh. :dead:

thesteve 12-30-2009 12:28 PM

I've been interested in it, but I don't know if I'm going to see it. I don't really rent movies much and I don't have a Netflix account.

cheyguy426 12-30-2009 01:52 PM

I'm super pumped to see this, by contrast to phantom mullet these are three of my favorite guitarists haha, funny how it works that way..

Fandrew 12-30-2009 02:12 PM

I kept waiting for this to come to a theater near me, and I don't think it ever did. I might pick up the DVD

nbfan 12-31-2009 12:36 PM

My first reaction hearing about this was... Jimmy Page? Cool. Edge? Cool. Jack White. Who?

earlessdog 12-31-2009 12:44 PM

Are you being sarcastic in saying you don't think Jack White is on the level as the other guys? Or do you not know who he is?

For me, when I first heard about it I thought: Jimmy Page? Kinda lame. Edge? Lame. Jack White? Cool, I might check it out.

Sean.thomson 12-31-2009 12:48 PM

Saw it yesterday. I liked it, but it it confirmed three things for me.

1.) I'm still not a fan of "The Edge"
2.) Jack White is weird (which is ok)
3.) Jimmy Page is gettin' old...

nbfan 12-31-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlessdog (Post 3505181)
Are you being sarcastic in saying you don't think Jack White is on the level as the other guys? Or do you not know who he is?

For me, when I first heard about it I thought: Jimmy Page? Kinda lame. Edge? Lame. Jack White? Cool, I might check it out.

I didn't know who Jack was.

But now that I do, I still think it was weird to include him. Its like BB King, Clapton, and Kurt Cobain.

Sean.thomson 12-31-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbfan (Post 3505185)
I didn't know who Jack was.

But now that I do, I still think it was weird to include him. Its like BB King, Clapton, and Kurt Cobain.

I don't quite agree with the drasticness of that example, but I think they were going for something like that. The old, the not quite old, and the young.

The odder pairing IMO is "The Edge". Jack and Jimmy have the blues side, but I never really thought of "The Edge" to... well... I don't know... He just seems out of place IMO.

thesteve 12-31-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.thomson (Post 3505187)
I don't quite agree with the drasticness of that example, but I think they were going for something like that. The old, the not quite old, and the young.

The odder pairing IMO is "The Edge". Jack and Jimmy have the blues side, but I never really thought of "The Edge" to... well... I don't know... He just seems out of place IMO.

Really it seemed like they were going for guitarists that inspired their eras. The influence of these three guitarists on their time periods is tough to deny.