Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Amps & Effects (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f172/)
-   -   Whats your guitar rig? (post pics and discussion) (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t157907/)

takamine_14 10-26-2007 09:00 AM

Whats your guitar rig? (post pics and discussion)
 
as for me I use a I use a Zoom GFX-5 a Boss DS-1 and a TS9 and a Marshall avt valvestate amp.

nbfan 10-26-2007 09:31 AM

I use a Gibson Les Paul and a Saga Telecaster into a Boss BD-2, a Danelectro Grilled Cheese (not very often, mind you), a Danelectro FAB Distortion, a BBE Sonic Stomp, a Boss TU-12 tuner, and a Digitech RP250 (also not very often) into a Line 6 Spider III 30 amp. Someday, though, I hope to get a Vox Tonelab and run it into a power amp and 4x12 cab.

snizzle 10-26-2007 09:36 AM

Ok, haven't done one of these in a while..let's see if I can get it right:

1996 Fender MIM Strat->

BOSS CS2 Compressor
BOSS NS2 Noise Suppresor
BOSS GE7 EQ
Fender PT100
Morley Bad Horsie
Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
Rogue Volume Pedal
BBE Sonic Stomp
(on a PedalTrain Pro powered with Visual Sound 1spot)
-> Visual Sound Workhorse Pony

-shane

Rock 'n Christ 10-26-2007 10:03 AM

i run my Fender StarCaster into my Line 6 Spider III 75W amp, in the market for a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and a Distortion pedal presently.

nbfan 10-26-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock 'n Christ (Post 3081271)
i run my Fender StarCaster into my Line 6 Spider III 75W amp, in the market for a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and a Distortion pedal presently.

Just for your reference, your guitar is just a Starcaster, not a Fender Starcaster.
This is a Fender Starcaster:
http://www.hothouse.net.au/hhgtrs/starcaster.jpg

Rock 'n Christ 10-26-2007 10:29 AM

but isnt mine made by Fender( hence the tiny Fender engraving on the bottom of the neck and headstock)?

snizzle 10-26-2007 10:35 AM

Perhaps lisensed by Fender? Why would Fender do this to itself?
-shane

Rock 'n Christ 10-26-2007 10:41 AM

i know that its from Wikipedia( deemed evil), but at least i found something:

The Starcaster of the 1970s and early 80s is not to be confused with the guitars from the recent Starcaster by Fender range, aimed at novice guitarists- Wikipedia


so if this article is correct, then my StarCaster is the "newer" version you could say.

snizzle 10-26-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock 'n Christ (Post 3081368)
i know that its from Wikipedia( deemed evil), but at least i found something:

The Starcaster of the 1970s and early 80s is not to be confused with the guitars from the recent Starcaster by Fender range, aimed at novice guitarists- Wikipedia


so if this article is correct, then my StarCaster is the "newer" version you could say.

Well, I think they just took the name from the older one because it wasn't very popular and, frankly, sounds like stratocaster if you don't know the difference.

It's far from a remake of the old starcaster, it is essentially a Strat ripoff that Fender put out so that it could compete with low level yamaha, first act, lyons, etc. guitars at walmart, sam's, and costco.

But I'm still not sure why Fender would want to compete at that market level.
-shane

Griffon 10-26-2007 10:46 AM

Let's see...

Sears Hollow Body/Schecter C1+/Norma Somethingorother > Fuzzbrite > Fender Blender > Black Sovtek Big Muff Pi (heavily modified) > Digitech Whammy IV > Dunlop 95Q Wah > Guyatone PS-102 ZOOM Box Distortion > Catalinbread Super Chili Picosa > Danelectro Danecho > EH Pulsar > Vintage EH Clone Theory > Epiphone Valve Jr

I like it.

snizzle 10-26-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffon (Post 3081382)
Let's see...

Sears Hollow Body/Schecter C1+/Norma Somethingorother > Fuzzbrite > Fender Blender > Black Sovtek Big Muff Pi (heavily modified) > Digitech Whammy IV > Dunlop 95Q Wah > Guyatone PS-102 ZOOM Box Distortion > Catalinbread Super Chili Picosa > Danelectro Danecho > EH Pulsar > Vintage EH Clone Theory > Epiphone Valve Jr

I like it.


What kind of music do you play? Some very interesting choices in there. I'm intrigued..
-shane

RubberChipmunk 10-26-2007 11:01 AM

Guitar* -> KORG DTR-1000 -> B-52 AT-100 -> Orange 4x12 -> Your Ears

*- Schecter Tempest Custom: DiMarzio PAF Pro/DiMarzio SuperDistortion
Cables are Live Wire Advantage
Picks are currently Dunlop Tortex .73's
Strings are currently Ernie Ball RPS 9's

Griffon 10-26-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 3081400)
What kind of music do you play? Some very interesting choices in there. I'm intrigued..
-shane

I mainly play noisy rock n' roll, with tinges of folk and psychedelia. You can check out my band's myspace if you like (www.myspace.com/brotherhoodoftheblacksquirrel).

Eventually I'd like to run this all into my Bassman 100.....but I need a cab....and the little 5-Watters already annoy the neighbors enough to threaten police action...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberChipmunk (Post 3081418)
Guitar* -> KORG DTR-1000 -> B-52 AT-100 -> Orange 4x12 -> Your Ears

*- Schecter Tempest Custom: DiMarzio PAF Pro/DiMarzio SuperDistortion
Cables are Live Wire Advantage
Picks are currently Dunlop Tortex .73's
Strings are currently Ernie Ball RPS 9's

I like it man. Simple and Loud.

WideAwake 10-26-2007 11:14 AM

My gear is in my sig...

S.B.Nichols 10-26-2007 02:37 PM

Here's what it was as of this morning <click to enlarge>
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...h_IMAG0002.jpg

That's a franken-tele (Yamaha body, GFS bigmouths, Ghost bridge, Earvana Nut, and planetwave tunrers) --- Big Daddy Amp Blaster (boost) --- Armstrong Twin (compressor+octave) --- Squeezebox (compressor) --- Screamin' Eagle (overdrive) --- (Phase-o-holic (phaser) --- TrueShine (chorus) --- Re:Sounder (delay) --- Vox Ac30 cc1.

Thats my electric rig. When I lead worship, my rig is as follows:
Seagull Portrait --- soundboard.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2