Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   Looking for sheet music? Come here first... (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t14032/)

Nate 12-20-2001 01:48 PM

Looking for sheet music? Come here first...

Taste And See These are a few websites that either have free sheet music, sheet music to purchase/download, or sell songbooks.

Keep in mind: If you cant find it at one of these sites, then we likely won't know where to find it free. Chances are, if it is a song less then several decades old, it is under copyright, and thus is illegal to post.

Also, if you know of a place giving out free music that we do not have listed TELL US!

Completely Free
www.freesheetmusicguide.com
www.mysheetmusic.com
www.notationmachine.com/links/index.htm
www.music-scores.com
www.littlerowboat.net/piano - Radiohead Piano Arrangements

Partially Free (not all songs are free)
www.praisecharts.com
www.worshiptogether.com

Songbooks
www.grassrootsmusic.com
www.sheetmusicplus.com

Individual Songs
Above All
All Hail The Power
But For Your Grace
First Love
I Love To Be In Your Presence
Open The Eyes Of My Heart
Revival Fire Fall
Stir Up A Hunger

Hope it helps. If you can't find what you're looking for at any of these sites, feel free to ask for help!

edit: they should now be attached here, but you still need to go to Noteworthy Composer and pick up the trial version.

Nathanael 12-20-2001 02:49 PM

Yay!

Now for a quality printer...

MrCrabby 12-25-2001 02:50 PM

Also, a very good one is www.music-scores.com.
Also check out www.mysheetmusic.com, you need to register to get to the music, but a base membership is free.

Hope this helps!

Nate 12-25-2001 09:50 PM

I'll add those to the original list..... thanks Mark!!

Anyone else with good sheet music sites... feel free to add them to our growing list. :D

..... turns out www.mysheetmusic.com is the same as www.dalymusic.com
I'm gonna use mysheetmusic on the list cause it's easier to remember. (and it appears to be the real title of the site)

MrCrabby 12-26-2001 09:41 PM

LOL

Okay, cool beans.

Nate 03-07-2002 07:47 AM

This is the sheet music in NWC format for "I Can Only Imagine". If you want to use it, just download the file, unzip it, then go download the trial version of NWC from www.noteworthycomposer.com

Nate 03-07-2002 07:52 AM

And this is the sheet music for "Thief". Follow the same procedure as with "I Can Only Imagine". One thing you'll notice about this zip file is that there are two different versions of the song. One is taken straight out of the Offerings songbook and should be almost exactly what Third Day plays. The other is an interpretation of what I usually play for this song... it probably needs a little work, but it's just something so you can get the general idea.

MrCrabby 03-13-2002 09:58 PM

Hey Nate,
I don't have NWC, and i'm too lazy to d/l it.
So, is there any way that you could send me just the lyrics and chords, peas?

Nate 03-13-2002 10:31 PM

Sure... just give me a few days to do it, 'cause I don't have anything like that on hand.

MrCrabby 03-14-2002 09:01 PM

Ok, thanks a million.
I actually think that i have it all figured out. I just need to know if i'm completely correct.
Like, i know the intro, i'm just not sure on the chord progression.

sassy2187 03-25-2002 08:04 PM

Re: Looking for sheet music? Come here first...

Quote:

Originally posted by KeyboardFreak
Hope it helps. If you can't find what you're looking for at any of these sites, feel free to ask for help!

P.S. I also have some digital sheet music files for "Thief" by Third Day and "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe.... I've attached them to some posts later in this thread. [/B]
Do you have any Steven Curtis Chapman sheet music??:confused: :)

Nate 03-25-2002 11:10 PM

Re: Re: Looking for sheet music? Come here first...

Quote:

Originally posted by sassy2187
Do you have any Steven Curtis Chapman sheet music??:confused: :)
Nope, sorry. :( .... but if you have a particular song in mind, I might be able to try and work something out. Anything in particular that you're looking for?

Unregistered 03-26-2002 08:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Looking for sheet music? Come here first...

Quote:

Originally posted by KeyboardFreak

Nope, sorry. :( .... but if you have a particular song in mind, I might be able to try and work something out. Anything in particular that you're looking for?

Ummm.. Jesus is LIfe... God is God...Great Adventure... and just anything basicly I love all his songs!!Steven Rocks!!

MrCrabby 03-26-2002 09:59 PM

Umm.....i can get you the basic chords to those songs.
But the only one i know good on the piano is "When Love Takes You In."

The Flying Fish 03-29-2002 01:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for sheet music? Come here first...

Quote:

Originally posted by Unregistered

Ummm.. Jesus is LIfe... God is God...Great Adventure... and just anything basicly I love all his songs!!Steven Rocks!!

I have the sheet music for Great Adventure, but not on the computer. I'll try and see if I can get that worked out in NWC, and I'll let you know if I do. :)

MrCrabby 05-15-2002 09:18 AM

A request.......

Nate, i'm too lazy to download NWC, so, is there any way that you could copy and paste "I Can Only Imagine" into a .PDF file or something like that? I'm pretty sure i've seen it done before.
Thanks,
Mark

Nate 05-15-2002 10:02 AM

I'll see what I can do, Mark. :D

MrCrabby 05-16-2002 08:11 PM

Thanks a million Nate.

I know basically the whole song, except for the very end. I just need music because i won't be the one playing it.

MrCrabby 05-25-2002 07:50 PM

Is it possible Nate? Or should i just stop being lazy? lol.

Nate 05-26-2002 05:42 AM

Hey Mark, sorry it took me so long to reply. It's possible..... and I've kinda come up with something, but it's definitely not the greatest quality. Personally, I'd suggest that you just go and download NWC (it's only 800Kb or so anyway)... but I'm gonna go ahead and attach what I've come up with. Hope it helps! :D

In His love,
Nate

Nate 05-26-2002 05:44 AM

Ok..... I think that was the wrong one. It's pretty decent quality, but it's WAY too big. It takes like 4 pages to print. Let me see if I can find the one that I had that was the right size.

Nate 05-26-2002 05:51 AM

Ok....this is a jpg version at a slighter smaller size. This one is nowhere near as good quality as the bmp I just attached a minute ago. But I really can't figure out how to solve either problem without creating the other problem. If I shrink or enlarge either picture, the quality quickly worsens. And if I try to capture more in each screenshot to increase the quality, the size keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Nate 05-26-2002 05:51 AM

Ok, Mark.... if either one is useable for you.... great! but if not, I really do suggest downloading NWC. ;)

In His love,
Nate

MrCrabby 05-29-2002 11:47 AM

Thanks Nate, sorry for all the trouble....i guess i will just go download NWC.
I don't know why i wanted to....i've been downloading tons of stuff lately, and i have a d/l accelerator, so 800K would take about a minute and a half.

MrCrabby 05-29-2002 11:51 AM

Oh, one more thing, does that have the ending on it too? You know, when it goes to the C#m?
Cause i don't see it on there.....and that's really the only part i need.
Thanks again,
mark

Nate 05-30-2002 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GzusPhreek2k
Oh, one more thing, does that have the ending on it too? You know, when it goes to the C#m?
Cause i don't see it on there.....and that's really the only part i need.

Haha.... figures the only part you need is the only part I don't have. :rolleyes:

No... I don't have the ending on there.... yet. I have some sheet music that I bought at one of their concerts, and I'm sure it would have that part.... I guess it's about time to update my music. :D

I'll let you know if and when I get it done.

In His love,
Nate

MrCrabby 06-01-2002 07:47 PM

lol, it's ok.
I've almost got it figured out.......now i'm working on the string parts. I can play the strings to the beginning, and the last chorus. But i don't know about the rest. But i just got the cd, so it should be alot easier now, i won't have to do it by memory! lol

BowoW 06-03-2002 09:07 AM

WOW~ thanks ... the 'i can only imagine' song is what i've been wanting to play for months :)

-jamie

vette99 10-20-2002 08:08 PM

Do you know a site that has free sheet music for "Grace and Love" by Kutless? I really want to play that song.

froggee501 10-23-2002 09:48 PM

8notes.com

vette99 10-24-2002 04:53 AM

thank you very much!!

Cornerstone 11-07-2002 05:51 PM

Woohoo!!!! Finally some free sheet music sites. I was wondering if there were any.

Pamela J 12-20-2002 09:24 PM

ask and i shall recieve...thank you Lord! i love free sheet music. that's a college student's answered prayer..FREE! :)

GoDiSgReAt 01-16-2003 06:36 PM

I need kutless music

:kconf: Can someone please help me, i need some kutless sheet music and tablature for bass and for guitar and i need the beat on drums, i dont care if its free or not i just need it
thanks!:kangel:

God's Jedi 03-24-2003 11:40 PM

Ok, I've been playing piano for three years now. There is only one song that I really, really, really want to play. It's called Do You Dream of Me, and it's on Michael W. Smith's First Decade album. I've been looking for it for all three years, and I'm starting to get mad. I've tried CBD, Lifeway, Family Christian, all those earlier posted sites, almost everywhere. If anyone can help out, I will be your best friend forever!

angk 03-25-2003 01:47 PM

looking for something simple...

Hi guys, I am new here what a awesome site! I have no knowledge at all when it comes to music, I can sing to worship but thats it. Heres my dilemna... My sister is 8 and has taken piano for a little over 2 yrs and to my ears sounds great... she wants to play in church but can't find any music... Can anyone help me with this??? I told her I would check around to see what I could find.. Thanks a million Ang

lance2802 04-25-2003 10:41 PM

Re: problem

Quote:

Originally posted by lance2802
hey nate,
i tried downloading your thief file but nwp keeps telling me that it is an unregistered file. Something about you not being a registered user. anyways i was hoping that maybe you could find some other way to send this to me. perhaps sending it in .jpg format so i can print it like a pic.
thanks

joylovesskillet 04-25-2003 11:39 PM

Hey Lance,
I think you have to got to noteworthycomposer.com and click on the "download evaluation" link before you can downloard a nwc song. You should probably try that.

In Christ,

Joy

lance2802 04-27-2003 04:45 PM

thank you very much

joylovesskillet 04-27-2003 10:43 PM

I'm glad I could help.:kyep:

B429_#1_fan 04-30-2003 07:24 PM

sheet music

Does anyone know of any sites with indie tabs?I know it's probably a long shot and the only place to get those would be artist sites, but oh well, it's a good idea. :brick: I think CGR should have an indie section, that'd be so cool... :cowboy:

B429_#1_fan

God's Jedi 04-30-2003 10:56 PM

They do have an indie section. On the boards, but not tabs that I know of. Go to the main boards page, go to the very bottom, and you should see it.

Napkin- 05-26-2003 12:21 AM

Hey, im new here, but i need to find some piano sheet music for Matchbox 20 - 3 am and i can't find any good sources. anybody help me out?:confused:

thanks
-Napkin-

God's Jedi 05-26-2003 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Napkin-
Hey, im new here, but i need to find some piano sheet music for Matchbox 20 - 3 am and i can't find any good sources. anybody help me out?:confused:

thanks
-Napkin-

I love that user name. Is your cousin Paper Towel coming soon? LOL.

Uh, Sunhawk.com is the best place I can think of.

smileygurl003 05-28-2003 06:38 PM

hey i really need to find sheet music for Nicole Nordeman's song "River God"...I'm supposed to sing it for my baccalaureate service this sunday and I can't find it anywhere! Not even at the christian bookstore! If any of you have it or know where I could find it I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Sharon

PianoMan 06-23-2003 09:40 PM

Anyone know where I could get Michael W. Smith's arrangement for Awesome God? And also, which of the links given have christian music? Thanks!

God's Jedi 06-23-2003 10:09 PM

I have his arrangement that he played on Worship....it's in the Worship songbook, which you can get at Lifeway, or almost any christian bookstore or website. Plus with all the other songs in it, it's worth the 15 bucks.

PianoMan 06-24-2003 04:24 PM

dang...I have no money. Anyone know where I could get a free arrangement of any version? (one that isn't really easy please)

God's Jedi 07-03-2003 01:03 AM

I've done searches everywhere I can think of, but I can't find anything. Sorry.

Juli 07-07-2003 03:45 PM

Does anyone know where I can get free sheet music copy of Word of God Speak by Mercy Me? Someone asked me to play it, I can make up my own version from chords, but I think it's be cool to have the real music, just wondering if someone could hook me up.