Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Christian Music (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f8/)
-   -   ATTN: We CANNOT provide you with full lyrics to ANY song here (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t136729/)

Brent 09-27-2006 07:06 AM

ATTN: We CANNOT provide you with full lyrics to ANY song here

We CANNOT provide you with full lyrics to ANY song here. Copyright restrictions and past threats of legal action prevent us from doing so. There are thousands of sites out there (granted, breaking the law) that provide lyrics, not to mention the individual artist's sites themselves.

With that being said, requesting lyrics here will promptly get your thread deleted without further discussion. This goes for any subforum on CGR as well.

sportsman123 03-10-2007 03:33 PM

but can we give links to other website's lyrics?

Insane Drummer 03-10-2007 04:21 PM

Wrong. That is called being a hub which is basically the same thing.

Gracechords 02-09-2008 09:05 AM

Really? I have never heard that before...seems kind of silly to me(with all due respect) cause like you said there are thousands of sites out there that post lyrics and I have never heard anything said about this ilegal stuff...Ya if you did get some threats about it I guess I could understand, but my view on it is that, ya there is copyrights and stuff so just give the people the credit and leave it at that...I mean... its not like your posting lyrics and saying you wrote them! Obviously when I look up lyrics I look under the artist or the song and they always say who wrote them. Just my thoughts

nbfan 02-09-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracechords (Post 3164603)
Really? I have never heard that before...seems kind of silly to me(with all due respect) cause like you said there are thousands of sites out there that post lyrics and I have never heard anything said about this ilegal stuff...Ya if you did get some threats about it I guess I could understand, but my view on it is that, ya there is copyrights and stuff so just give the people the credit and leave it at that...I mean... its not like your posting lyrics and saying you wrote them! Obviously when I look up lyrics I look under the artist or the song and they always say who wrote them. Just my thoughts

Most of those sites that you get lyrics from are either authorized or are doing so illegally...and not getting caught.

Ritchie_az 06-25-2008 08:26 PM

As long as the author is cited you can quote a portion of the lyrics, right?

Skeeter 06-26-2008 11:30 AM

A verse or a chorus is acceptable, but any more than that can get us in trouble.

taykey 06-26-2008 11:33 AM

can you tell people about sites without posting a link?

Skeeter 06-26-2008 11:35 AM

No. Most of those sites are illegal.

taykey 06-26-2008 11:36 AM

how do we know if theyre legal?

Skeeter 06-26-2008 11:48 AM

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are illegal. Suffice it to say, do not post links or names of sites that provide lyrics or your post will be deleted.

bobthecockroach 06-26-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taykey (Post 3261593)
how do we know if theyre legal?

If they're legal? They aren't. The only websites which will be legally providing complete lyrics are ones owned by the record company.

Ritchie_az 06-26-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

A verse or a chorus is acceptable, but any more than that can get us in trouble.
Thanks

jazziegirl1962 06-29-2010 03:31 PM

Being a song writer, I totally can understand that. Most of the time I am just looking for the cords to play the song, I already have it in a book, only without the guitar cords. Makes it easier as I can't read music notes real good when it gets complicated.

Michielsen2 09-08-2010 12:55 PM

This is devastating that we cant share music and chords on this site anymore!