Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Vocals & Other Instruments (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f471/)
-   -   Bass Clarinet/ Conntra Bass (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t105848/)

TrialByFire 07-02-2005 08:34 PM

Bass Clarinet/ Conntra Bass

Bass & Conntra Basses Rock the world!!

How should we start this blog?:confused:

TrialByFire 07-23-2005 11:56 AM

Does anybody in here play ANY TYPE OF CLARINET ???

adamkaboom 07-23-2005 01:26 PM

Yup. Bb Soprano. I love it. If you haven;t yet, you should try saxophones too. Our school has a contrabass, and a contralto, and.......basically all the clarinets needed for a awesome ensemble. I can't seem to get anyone behind me on this idea......

TrialByFire 07-23-2005 03:59 PM

I think it is an awesome idea! I play alittle sax myself. Not much that i can switch when ever i want. Just a few things. Well, like i was saying...i think it was an awesome idea. Why don't other people?

tropicana 07-23-2005 05:02 PM

I used to play the clairinet, but after a few unfortunate (and unrelated) accidents involving my hand and face, I decided to drop high school band, simply because I didn't get to practise for six months of the schoolyear and was so behind everyone else. If I could find motivation to pick it up again, I would.
But, while I was playing (particularily while my mouth was healing) I played a little bit of bass clairinet. In the end, I preferred it to my Bb clairinet.

adamkaboom 07-23-2005 08:57 PM

I can't which I like better. Tenor Sax, or Clarinet. I have only been playing sax for a year, and clarinet for......hold on.......i guess only 7 years. I say sax is better. But playing jazz on a clarinet sounds cool too. I guess i'll argue with myself for a while.

TrialByFire 07-24-2005 07:38 PM

they're both fun....

tht00 07-31-2005 03:53 PM

I played alto sax from my 6th grade year through my senior year... marching band was especially fun, but... for marching band anyway, woodwind instruments aren't loud enough. :-/ At least not vs brass players. But I wouldn't trade playing alto sax through HS for anything. :goodnope:

Visirale 07-31-2005 04:08 PM

I played Bass clarinet back a few years ago. I quit it because I hated the feeling that I got when I played wind instruments. I was the best in my county (huge county). Not trying to brag or anything though... haha.

Davomann 03-17-2008 05:46 AM

bass clarinet is my personal choice. I play in Penrith Valley Concert band (NSW state open B grade champs), NSW State Schools Symphonic Wind Orchestra (a.k.a. SWO), western sydney regional schools concert band and orchestra as well as my school concert band. I also teach clarinet voluntarily with Penrith Valley Training Band. I play a little sax (Bari=good!!!) too and teaching myself flute (i always get light-headed when i play - is that normal?). Contrabass would be awesome to play.
Anyone heard of the movie "The Wedding Singer"? I'm playing clarinet, alto sax and flute (scary), in a musical version for Penrith Musical Society (and getting paid :))

anyway ive had my say
catchya round

Steve353 08-13-2008 09:41 PM

I have a question for all the clarinet players. I just picked up this instrument about 5 months ago and I'm wondering what effect the mouth piece has on the instrument's tone. I've got a real cheap instrument from musician's friend and it's gonna need a new mouthpiece soon and I'm wondering if I should spend any money on it or just get another cheap one. I paid $200 new for the instrument. It's a Kolhert if anyone has ever heard of that company before.