Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   CGR Collaboration? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t104862/)

Decency 01-06-2006 10:29 PM

Here's my bass line and just the bass line. Hope it can be used. If not, there's already a phenomenal bass line on there. You've got talent, DD, and I've seen my fair share of great bass players.

DiverDown808 01-07-2006 03:32 AM

Decency - Thanks for the compliments man, but your bass line works just as well as anything I could have come up with, if not better. I'll put it in as soon as a get more instruments coming in (hopefully)

DaGeek - Nice gritty acoustic leading there bro. It sounded like you had a groove going, but then you stopped playing to think about what you were doing. Do me a favor, I actually need a lead of just you playing without the backup track. And this time, just let 'er rip !! Don't stop and think, just play. Play like the wind. If there are too many mistakes, I have NO problem turning this into a jazz jam LOL. You rock, dude !!

DD

DaGeek 01-07-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverDown808
Decency - Thanks for the compliments man, but your bass line works just as well as anything I could have come up with, if not better. I'll put it in as soon as a get more instruments coming in (hopefully)

DaGeek - Nice gritty acoustic leading there bro. It sounded like you had a groove going, but then you stopped playing to think about what you were doing. Do me a favor, I actually need a lead of just you playing without the backup track. And this time, just let 'er rip !! Don't stop and think, just play. Play like the wind. If there are too many mistakes, I have NO problem turning this into a jazz jam LOL. You rock, dude !!

DD


Oh, the pause was because my computer started acting up, lol. And what do you mean by playing without a backtrack? Just like, record a solo - the extra music? Pretty much an a cappela solo or something?

DaGeek 01-07-2006 03:21 PM

Okay, I recorded another solo for the latest track. It's probably better than the other two (At least I thought so, and so did my friend)

Decency 01-07-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGeek
Oh, the pause was because my computer started acting up, lol. And what do you mean by playing without a backtrack? Just like, record a solo - the extra music? Pretty much an a cappela solo or something?

What he means is use the track as a guide. I don't know what program you use, but when you record your song, once you're done with the solo you want, close the backing track, that way only the solo is left. Then save it as a .wav or .mp3 file and you're good to go.

MJ_Avalanche 01-07-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverDown808
If there are too many mistakes, I have NO problem turning this into a jazz jam

Jazz jam. Now that's more up my alley. :D

Either way, I'm gonna try and throw together a track during the first couple of days I'm at school, before school actually starts.

DiverDown808 01-08-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGeek
Okay, I recorded another solo for the latest track. It's probably better than the other two (At least I thought so, and so did my friend)

Your lead this time was definitely more fluid. Great job !! But yeah, can you re-record that track and take out the backing track this time ? So that way, all I hear is you...no drums, no electric guitars, no bass....

PM me if you want, and we can figure out waht we can do.

DD

Decency 01-08-2006 08:21 PM

Yeah. DD, check your PMs.

DaGeek 01-08-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverDown808
Your lead this time was definitely more fluid. Great job !! But yeah, can you re-record that track and take out the backing track this time ? So that way, all I hear is you...no drums, no electric guitars, no bass....

PM me if you want, and we can figure out waht we can do.

DD


Okay, I get what you're saying (Typing?) now, lol. I'll see what I can do!

Dave H 01-09-2006 07:14 PM

I got this down - I'm not really satisfied but now my boy is asleep so...

...it's really sloppy especially in the second half. DD - if you think it's too sloppy I can try again later.

DiverDown808 01-12-2006 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave H
I got this down - I'm not really satisfied but now my boy is asleep so...

...it's really sloppy especially in the second half. DD - if you think it's too sloppy I can try again later.

Ok Dave H, got it on the master mix. Don't look at me to judge your guitar playing LOL. Everything sounds perfectly fine to me. But during the wait for other contributers, you're more than welcome to add additional leads...either to add to it, or to replace what you sent. I have a 5 year old daughter, so I know EXACTLY how hard it is to find time to do things :D

Now if we can get other guitar players to add............ *hint*

DD

FTS 01-12-2006 02:43 AM

I might have a go in the weekend.

byrnnryb 01-12-2006 09:22 AM

I'm up for contributing :yep: .

MJ_Avalanche 01-12-2006 09:41 AM

I'm gonna lay a track down this weekend. I recorded a couple things, but I wasn't too happy with the way they turned out.

Decency 01-12-2006 08:49 PM

Now, DD, the question is which bass track are you gonna use? Yours is great to me. I don't care whatever. I'm not that great of a lead man or else I wouild throw one on there. Maybe a bass lead? I could try that as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 PM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2