Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   CGR Collaboration? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t104862/)

Decency 08-01-2005 11:58 AM

Kep, I'll just wait to record something really down good till you have all the solos. OK?

Decency 08-04-2005 10:06 AM

I hate to DP here, but where is everyone at? Kep, are you gonna put anymore solos into the mix or no?

FTS 08-04-2005 09:44 PM

You posted that a first msg a couple of days ago.
Yeah, I've got to add that last solo in. I'll have that done by/on Sunday. Then if no one else is going to do a solo, we'll essentially close it for solos. However if people want to redo their solo's that's fine.

Decency 08-05-2005 10:41 AM

OK. So if you want, you can just PM me when it's all finished and I'll throw that bass on it.

Decency 09-12-2005 07:33 PM

DP again. I'll update this thing.

Insane Drummer 10-22-2005 07:55 PM

I could try to record some drums...

Decency 12-31-2005 02:28 PM

Bumpin this up again. Kep, what's the word?

FTS 12-31-2005 05:01 PM

Well, with the reformatting of my computer, I forgot to backup the different files. All I have is the final mix that we had, and whatever stuff is still on here. So, if you still want to do a bass track, Decency, by all means go ahead :)
You can post the single track up, or you can mix it yourself and post the final product.

DaGeek 12-31-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepa
Well, with the reformatting of my computer, I forgot to backup the different files. All I have is the final mix that we had, and whatever stuff is still on here. So, if you still want to do a bass track, Decency, by all means go ahead :)
You can post the single track up, or you can mix it yourself and post the final product.



He already has the bass track, it's on page four or five I think. I'm listening to it as we type.

As for me, I don't think I'll be a part, since I've only played for a year, and lack an electric :P

FTS 12-31-2005 05:14 PM

On the very next post, he states it's a rough track :)

Perhaps the next one (if there is a next one), you might like to join.
It doesn't matter if you have an electric or not. I was considering doing an acoustic track. The backing track is done on an acoustic. So maybe you might like to do a backing track for us all to play over.

DiverDown808 12-31-2005 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepa
On the very next post, he states it's a rough track :)

Perhaps the next one (if there is a next one), you might like to join.
It doesn't matter if you have an electric or not. I was considering doing an acoustic track. The backing track is done on an acoustic. So maybe you might like to do a backing track for us all to play over.


Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I just saw this thread. COOL idea !!!

I organized a jam for a few other boards and it was a blast. I'd love to contribute to this project. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro II, so it has all the bells and whistles to make decent demo's, including sequenced drum tracks. Give me a buzz to let me know about getting a solo to you, or even if you want a backing track with drums and bass. These things are fun, as long as we stay out of the "guitar solo contest" frame of mind :D

Let me know, Kepa !! Thanks

DD

DaGeek 12-31-2005 05:43 PM

Well, I'd have trouble doing a back track, because I don't really know much in the way of musical theory and such, such as how to make it blues-y sounding, or some such thing.

DaGeek 12-31-2005 06:03 PM

Okay, I recorded three attempts. I don't really care if you use 'em or not, if you do want one, choose which one you like best. If none of 'em are good, I only ask that you tell me what I could have done better :D

FTS 12-31-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverDown808
Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I just saw this thread. COOL idea !!!

I organized a jam for a few other boards and it was a blast. I'd love to contribute to this project. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro II, so it has all the bells and whistles to make decent demo's, including sequenced drum tracks. Give me a buzz to let me know about getting a solo to you, or even if you want a backing track with drums and bass. These things are fun, as long as we stay out of the "guitar solo contest" frame of mind :D

Let me know, Kepa !! Thanks

DD

Hey man.
This blues collaboration is pretty much over. After reformatting my computer, I lost all the seps and stuff for the collab. The only thing I have is the stuff that's on here. If you want to do a bass track, and mix it with the final mix we have, be my guest :)

Also, you could start a new collaboration if you want. Just post a new thread with your ideas and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGeek
Okay, I recorded three attempts. I don't really care if you use 'em or not, if you do want one, choose which one you like best. If none of 'em are good, I only ask that you tell me what I could have done better

Man, it would have been better if you had been here when we started this :) It's too late to put them in, on my part at least.

I think your solos had a lot of good points. For one, you recorded them cleanly. Great quality recording. What were you using to record you solos? Also, you had great timing. The only thing I had trouble with was note choice. If you had stayed inside say the blues scale in G, or pentatonic scale in G, it might have sounded a little better note wise. That is not to say that you must stay within a scale when playing, but it serves as a good base. But I'm no expert :)

DaGeek 12-31-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepa
Hey man.
This blues collaboration is pretty much over. After reformatting my computer, I lost all the seps and stuff for the collab. The only thing I have is the stuff that's on here. If you want to do a bass track, and mix it with the final mix we have, be my guest :)

Also, you could start a new collaboration if you want. Just post a new thread with your ideas and stuff.

Man, it would have been better if you had been here when we started this :) It's too late to put them in, on my part at least.

I think your solos had a lot of good points. For one, you recorded them cleanly. Great quality recording. What were you using to record you solos? Also, you had great timing. The only thing I had trouble with was note choice. If you had stayed inside say the blues scale in G, or pentatonic scale in G, it might have sounded a little better note wise. That is not to say that you must stay within a scale when playing, but it serves as a good base. But I'm no expert :)

Yeah, I mixed around with the blues scale for F, and the minor pentatonic for G. Definitely surprised me how you think it sounds okay, lol


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2