Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   CGR Collaboration? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t104862/)

FTS 06-30-2005 10:40 AM

Seeing as how this is moving fairly slow, it may be open for a while =]

FTS 07-16-2005 01:09 AM

Ok... is ANYONE still going to post a solo?
If not, Dave, do you want to post another solo? I'll do another one as well and I'll mix them with the ones we currently have.

guitarguy 07-16-2005 03:38 AM

Sory Kepa, Better count me out. I'm not satisfied with what I have and I'm a little self concious about my tone and on the recording I have I used a Jackson RR1 instead of my Old Faithful (2000 Epi Les Paul with EMGs). The tone is ok but not the same as what my LP would have sounded like. I cant get to another computer for quite some time. So I must concede to the others here. When I get to a computer with a good sound card I'm gonna start a Metal Jam Thread. It's going to be a rythm that I have written and I don't just want solo's I want lyrics too. After I get the lyrics set in stone I'll have all of our best singers sing it then have like a 40 minute long outro solo at the end. Sounds good if I can get people to participate.

Dave H 07-16-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepa
Ok... is ANYONE still going to post a solo?
If not, Dave, do you want to post another solo? I'll do another one as well and I'll mix them with the ones we currently have.

Sure, I'll post another one :)

Rainer. 07-16-2005 11:41 AM

Here you go. :) A little overdue...

Dave H 07-16-2005 03:32 PM

Good job Rainer! Sounds great :yep:

Here is my second one but I'm not happy with the second half, but right now, nothing better is coming along so...

FTS 07-22-2005 12:18 AM

thanks for those guys.
I'll smack 'em together in the weekend.

Jubal 07-22-2005 10:06 AM

And out of nowhere...

I want to join in. Hopefully will be able to do it this weekend.

Decency 07-22-2005 11:11 AM

I played bass for every solo. I don't know if I'm what you're lookin for, but I'll back you up on bass if you'd like me to.

FTS 07-22-2005 10:38 PM

Hey that sounds awesome guys.
I'll probably mix the other solos in tonight or tomorrow.
Decency, when it gets done, I'll pm you about bass.

Decency 07-23-2005 07:57 PM

Alrighty then, Kep. I'll be waiting for ya. I will be gone however from monday through friday with no comp. So I'll get it on friday afternoon/night. OK?

FTS 07-23-2005 07:59 PM

Sweet as. I'm just putting the solos together now. I'll likely be gone during the week also.

Decency 07-23-2005 08:37 PM

Cool. Well, if you're done by the end of the week, I could record it next weekend. Would you want me to record with the whole thing? That would prolly be best.

FTS 07-23-2005 08:38 PM

Woot! This is sounding pretty cool.
So here is the mix so far. I haven't done any sort of eq or effects, I'm just putting them together. The solo list is like so:
1. Dave H
2. Kepa
3. Rainer
4. Dave H
It's about 2 minutes 20 long.
It'd be cool if we could have someone write some lyrics and someone sing. It'd also be great if we could get some real drums on it. I might be able to work something out with drums, but yeah it'd be cool if we could keep it all CGR. And I'll talk to Decency about the bass.
Without further ado, here is the CGR Blues mix so far.

Decency 07-23-2005 09:01 PM

Sounds good to me, Kepa.