Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   CGR Collaboration? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t104862/)

guitarguy 06-25-2005 12:54 AM

My computer with all of my recording software and song demos crashed today. It won't boot up unless I have th product code for windows xp. I can't find my code so I'm screwed. :-/

FTS 06-25-2005 01:01 AM

oh man that sucks massively! :sadyep:

guitarguy 06-25-2005 03:15 AM

My browser won't let me view your sound clips. It may be a bad link but I think it is my browser. I have my solo recorded I just need a CD to burn it on and put it on this computer. Seeing as I haven't heard your solos I hope mine fits. I used the harmonic minor and pentatonic scales. I think I'm the first person to ever do 2 handed tapping over a blues progression like that.

FTS 06-25-2005 03:53 AM

Try right clicking and "Save Link As", because it's uploaded to CGR, and I don't think their servers are messed up, as well as 3 people have already downloaded them =]

I anticipate your solo!

Dave H 06-25-2005 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepa
what guitar were you using?

I used this one.

Dave H 06-25-2005 05:25 AM

Quote:

Haha, sweet as man. Take your time. In the mean time, here's a mix of Dave's and my solos.

This ROCKS man! Yeah, Kepa is the man :yep:

FTS 06-25-2005 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave H
I used this one.

Ahh! I thought you were using a tele. I knew it was single coil. I liked your tone.

I was just about to ask you what you thought of the mix then you posted again.
Glad you like it. I think it's a great idea. I wish I had originally come up with the idea =]

Dave H 06-25-2005 05:46 AM

Quote:

Ahh! I thought you were using a tele. I knew it was single coil. I liked your tone.

I was just about to ask you what you thought of the mix then you posted again.
Glad you like it. I think it's a great idea. I wish I had originally come up with the idea =]

I think it sounds really cool, I can't wait until some more people post their's! We should do another one in a different style after this one :)

FTS 06-25-2005 06:12 AM

That'd be cool. What style are you thinking?

Dave H 06-25-2005 07:18 AM

Quote:

That'd be cool. What style are you thinking?

I don't know...I hadn't thought that far yet, I just like how this is working out so far :)

JP2_Rocks 06-25-2005 10:09 PM

well, i've finally got my stitches out...now i'm waiting for the hand to heal, and hopefully i can get something done this week!!!

Only Alive 06-25-2005 10:15 PM

That sounds great, guys. Count me in for your next project.

-Nick

FTS 06-25-2005 10:35 PM

Why the next one? Why not this one?

FTS 06-30-2005 07:57 AM

Ok, so how is everyone going on their solos?

Current Participants:
SwitchfootRulz!
MJ_Avalanche
Fret22 (unsure, they haven't said so yet)
Rainer (unsure)
JP2_Rocks (unsure)
guitarguy
<s>Kepa</s>
Skeeter
<s>Dave H</s>

As you know, Dave and I have got ours done.
If you missed it, our solos are mixed and on the page before this. If anyone else wants to join in, feel free, post your solos. On the front page, there's a lot of info.

Peace.

SwitchfootRulz! 06-30-2005 10:33 AM

ugh

I wont be able to do this until we get our new computer, and that could be like 2 months :-/

So, I guess I have to withdraw, unless this goes on for a few months :-/